Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - October 2012

Hi Guys

Just read the whole thread - looks like we've got a few problems here and there, but nothing insurmountable - especially without the bad guy AL.

Mama - still praying for your baby xxx
    K9 - ignore the feckers !!! Life's tooooo short - and they are pathetic !!!
    Allswell - flamenco guitar - One of my faves !! Go girl xxx
    Boozer - hope your missus is ok - and I'm soooooooo jealous of your planned hols xxx enjoy xx
    Tips - Keep your chin up hunny xxxx
    Molls - will see you in the Army xxx

And everyone I haven't named (cos I'm blonde and I've forgot) -(and nearly senior) I hope you're having a cracking humpday xxxxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Morning Quest!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all, a few health issues going on but we are all so lucky we live in the year 2012 with all the medical advances.

I am on day 7 (was miscounting a few days ago) and feeling great. We went and had Indian food last night and I had Chai tea. So did hubby. I asked him if he missed his wine and he said No. It's two nights in a row that he's joined me in my abstinence. I hope he continues. I never try to influence him because I would resent it if he did that to me.

We have at least nine people up to the lake house for the Thanksgiving weekend and I am cooking a turkey both on Sunday and Monday (or one large monstrosity). I wanted to get some baking done this week but after six months of slow times in our business, the shit has hit the fan and we are BUSY. I was thinking of having the two year old Granddaughter help with the pumpkin muffins. That should s..l..o..w things down and get me focussed on what's important.

I'll be checking on the weekend to find out how Clay fared, Mama and will be giving thanks for all of you peeps this weekend. Hope it's nice enough to have an outdoor fire. I asked hubs not to rake or blow the leaves until after this weekend so we can get the little one to jump in them. We are at the peak of the Fall Colours and the countryside is like a postcard.
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I tried to download from facebook a Photo taken from the front door of the little cottage by the river that we live in.
          I had to delete it because the link was to my facebook page and I shouldn't really expose myself that way.

Any idea how to do it and maintain anonymity?
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

save it to Photobucket account and then copy the link here....I would LOVE to see some fall colors now....
            thanks for thinking of Clay...ya'll are giving me so much strength

good job on no wine!!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I could NOT sleep last night after the seizure episode, I just kept thinking about it. I know for sure that I am not cut out to be in the medical field. So there I was, laying in bed wide awake and at 1am my nephew comes into my room calling me in a panic. He said he turned over in bed and something in his stomach "popped" and now "it's filling up with blood". So I (calmly) said, "Ok, first things first, lets get some underwear on you" (he was butt naked...LOL). Then I told him to go sit down and relax, take some deep breaths. I told him it was probably just a cramp, and that nothing would really "pop and bleed". I told him I would take him to the ER but then he said "Wait...oh, it went away". OMG, here's this naked 19 year old boy and all I could picture was him at around 5 years old. I was one minute away from calling his mother (my sister), but thankfully the emergency passed. He is a WORRY WART anyway (like his mother!). I think he was half-asleep becaue he was talking non-sense. But I just thought "Is this day EVER going to end???"

Anywhoo...Mama, I will be thinking of Clay...I'm SURE he will be fine!

I'm off at Noon and I'm going on a "ride-along" with the Community Services Officer because that's the job I'm intent on getting now. lol

Be back later

Love yous!!!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

hope you can stay awake baby.....

good luck with the new job....and I hope you get that job....I 'll be a reference....muhahahahahahahahahha

Comment

I'm only riding along from 12-1:30 so I will get a nap!!! YAY!

Ok Mama, I will put you down as a reference, you can tell them about my awesome people skills. LOL
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thinking of you and your boy mama. Hi there Niner!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks techie

Comment

Hi folks, you will sleep well tonight K9. better than me. My little grandson is staying with me, as he has a nasty cold, and kept his parents up most of last night. I said I would have him so they could get some sleep. Praying that your son is ok Mama.

Comment

Thanks Paula. Hope you get some rest tonight!!

Comment

made spaghetti and meatballs....washed dishes and sitting down to read
                            Nora, please check in ok??
                            niters to everyone else who pops in
                            here's to a nice, sober restful sleep

Comment

Hi friends,
                              The afternoon here turned drizzly, but I got my two hour bike ride done in the a.m. today's route went from the bay side over and along the ocean. I passed an historic marker for First Spring, the place the pilgrims were thought to have found their first fresh water.

K9, I read on another thread how a person who frequently posts in the mods section was recruiting people from Newbies Nest, so now I understand your distress better on that issue. It's like snakeoil, telling people that they can learn to drink moderately regardless of their level of alcohol abuse. It is a lesson many of us need to learn, but it doesn't need promoting. I don't think most others in that section would do that.

Nora, I thought of you when I saw a road mileage sign, 3200 miles to California. Hope you are feeling better today.

I watched hubby drink two glasses of wine with dinner. I still dont want any.

Hi Mama!

Tipps, we will be driving home through a lot of peak foliage on our way home Sunday, especially the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts.

Allswell, two years ago we spent a week near Cuyahoga Valley National park to enjoy their great system of bike trails. Sadly, I ended up being sick and it rained every day. I never got on my bike there.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

waiting for the cds to arrive. found a meditation cd so i plan to try that to help me sleep. work was too stressful today and tomorrow doesnt look much better.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X