Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - October 2012

Happy October everyone!

It's going to be a nice pleasant 90 degrees today! Hope ya'll had a good weekend. I cheated on my diet, but I didn't smoke or drink! I had a horrible craving to smoke on Friday night, my brain did the old "You can start over on Monday" thing...but then I said (out loud) "Why the hell would I want to start over and go through the first 3 days again??"... On my 3rd day of not smoking I felt like I had the flu..... Anyway, the urge passed and I'm on day 36.

Ok...Monday morning is here...gotta go set up for a huge meeting that starts at 10, but the good news is once it starts they will all be out of my hair for about 3 hours!

Back later.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

not much to report here either...
      Clay had a great game Friday...he scored one touchdown and sacked the quarterback twice......the crowds were screaming "C Train, C Train"...it was fun!!
      oh and yes, I bought him a black suit and red shirt...Goodwill was pretty picked over, but there was a guy there K9 might be interested in!!!
      back to report writing
      Nora..ok...you drank...was it worth it??
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Afternoon chilly but sunny day here. I walked up to my local and the best Marigold hotel on dvd and ordered the help. I read the book and enjoyed it. Still af here and gave up the smokes afew years ago but i'm finding the al harder. Well done for caving in k9. Just putting on a baked patato pork chop and coleslaw for dinner and then get ready for an AA meeting. Hello to all and have a good day/evening whatever your location.

Comment

Mama - you asked if it was worth it that I drank.......Here is my post from the September Stepper thread.
          Hi everyone!

Tipp - so glad to have you here. This is the place for peaceful warriors. I'm really glad that you are here.

I guess I have missed what has been going on out on the other threads. I'm sorry that there has been some more hurt/drama. I have been staying mainly here where it is is postive and helpful.

Well - I did drink this weekend. Not because of any cravings. More curiousity than anything else. I decided that I much prefer my sober evenings. And I really, really like to be able to look at all my green stickers. So, I'm not upset at myself at all. I am looking at this as another part of the learning process. I am happy that it wasn't an all out binge. I am just relaxing today. Yahoo!! Went to therapy yesterday morning. Then to a Farmer's market. Lots of great fruit & veggies. Yum! Then to Trader's Joes and got stuff for Falafels. Then went in to work for several hours. So today is just lazy & reading. But, it's in the 90's again. Another heat wave this week. Yuck.

Allswell - So glad that it was great race. Sounded beautiful. Congratulations on placing 2nd. Way to go!!!!

Mama - Did you find a suit for Clay? How fun that they were chanting his name! Weren't you one proud Mama?? I would have been floating.

Sun - sounds like a wonderful vacation. Enjoy every moment.

Paula - I'm so sorry that you got caught up in the drama. You are such a sweet person, I just can't even imagaine what happened to upset you.

Techie - Love you & thanks for dropping in to say hello.

Big hugs to all. This is my safe place to come and talk. Thank you all for being here with the support and advice and encouragement. I really do feel so much better lately. Even though I did drink - I don't feel angry at myself. I owe a big load of thanks to all of you for helping me get to that point. You have helped me see that I have so much more to do with my life than sit around and drink. Thank you all for being here with me.......One Step at a Time.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, These times zones are driving me nuts !!!! ha ha Its 4.30 am in oz and I can't sleep, so thought I would jump on to mwo and say hello. My wife has had a strange tummy ache,quite severe so sleeping has been difficult for her also. Had some blood tests yesterday so waiting on those results. Nora,we have all slipped more than once.Good to see you have bounced back and learn,t from the experience. One thing for sure,it reminds us just how horrible al can be to us and how good we feel with it out of our life. I really like this thread so thanks everyone. Will post later.:l:l

Comment

my best to your wife Boozer
              and Nora..I am proud of you for coming here and tellig us and even more proud that you stopped....love you girl

Comment

I'm in - going to give it a go!!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

welcome to the family!!!

Comment

I'm really excited to have so many memebers that I have been seeing around the site coming over to join us here. The more the support & positive energy the better.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello all,
                      Been on newbie thread for about a week...made it last week until Saturday night...lots of stress in my life right now..Just limited coping skills at this point.
                      I have ordered the CD's as i looked into hypnotherapy but was not able to find what I was looking for so I am hopeful this will help...reading the ebook right now...
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

My computer is really playing up. Nora, I'm so glad that your not beating yourself up, sometimes we need to try something to realise we can do without it. Hope your wife is better Boozer, do you know I really thought you were a lady, I jumped to conclusions because of your avatar. Welcome Scottish Lass, and other newcomers.

Comment

Hi Dottie, welcome.

Comment

Welcome Dottie - I'm also in Ohio. Glad you found us!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Thanks Mamma Bear and Paula, I have just put my wife in hospital. They seem to think it might be Gall Bladder problems, so will have to wait and see. Welcome Scottish Lass. How are u doing with the weekend cravings? Allways my most difficult time!!!:welcome::welcome:

Comment

l

Yep Paula, I am MALE!!! Blown my cover ha ha :H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X