One Step at a Time - October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks MB, She is much better but still has a bit of nausea. They have ruled out all the nasties,but still don't know exactly what the problem is. Blood tests showed nothing so we just have to wait and see. :thanks:

Comment

weren't they thinking gallstones?
      off to find coffee pot and get Clay's blood pressure readings
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning everyone.....off to work.

Boozer - hope your wife starts feeling better right away.

Mama - so did Papa Bear explain things to you in Adult talk?

Hello everyone! I'm off to work so I'll check in later. :wavin:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
          Last day in vacation land. Took my last bike ride along the coast this morning. Visited a few more shops. Tonight we are having leftovers sea food. Plan to leave at the crack of dawn for our 10 hour drive. Not one moment of this vacation would have been improved for me with alcohol.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun - that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very, very happy for you.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Morning Everyone, Sunbeam, Just love your comment about no al on vacation. Well done. Mamabear. my wife may have gallbladder problems,but for now all is good. Just have to wait and see! I had to whiteknuckle it last night. Almost caved in to the beast. So,so glad I didnt; no hangover to deal with this w/e!!! Have spent hours this w/e reading MWO. So thanks everyone for your comments and support.:thanks::thanks: Off for a walk, so will post again later. Hope you all have a nice af Sunday!:h

Comment

Hi everyone. Sorry that I haven't been around much. Just have been working so much. Taking a long weekend next weekend to go visit a girlfriend. Can't wait. So, I've been working extra hours to make up for the time I'll be off.

Boozer - I have to say GREAT JOB on getting thru the cravings. :l Way to go!!

Sun - Guess you are on your way home. So happy that you had a wonderful vacation.

Mama - good chatting with you. Enjoy your ironing. YUCK!

Paula - how are you doing? Is your grandson staying with you this weekend?

Allswell - how are you? Any races this weekend?

Nurdl - Welcome - Haven't seen you around. Nice to meet you!

Well - better get back to work. Hello to everyone that I missed. I'll be back on in a bit when I take my next break from work. :H
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone, so far my weekend has been great. Had all three grandkids stay, very expensive, bought the two elder ones new trainers. Little one much better. If I were drinking I would not be able to do this. Had a few discussions with 11yr old Lucie, she is very weight conscious, which does bother me a little, but I tried to discuss healthy eating as opposed to junk eating. Times are certainly changing. Glad you enjoyed your holiday Sun, and that your wife is feeling better Boozer, so good to see you Nora.

Comment

just here to say Hi to everyone !!
                    It seems one step at a week .LOL
                    Dix
                    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Hello Everyone, Just a quick check in before heading off to work. I had massive cravings last night (Sun) but didn't cave!! It was a tough w/e but an a/f one which was wonderful! Lots going on here today. First day back at school for 2 weeks (vacation) ! Hope you all have a nice al free Monday. :h:h

Comment

Hi all,
                        We are back home from our vacation, it will be good to sleep in my own bed. It is always a bit of a let-down, all the things to get caught up on, and back to the routines.

Boozer, in the past some of my heaviest drinking was on Sunday afternoons. I guess my weekend chores were done, and I wanted to "relax" before returning to work. Now, it all seems like a bad dream.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam, I am flying to Bali on Frid. Lots of Booze there. Not sure HOW I am going to deal with that one yet !!:hd

Comment

Hello all,

Sun, I'm so glad you were able to truly enjoy your vacation without alcohol.

Boozer, good luck on your trip to Bali. I'm flying to Thailand next month to a place called Pattaya to visit family. It apparently has a place called Walking Street which is like a nonstop Mardi Gras. I'm going to make plans on all of the places I want to go when I'm there and that place is not one of them. I don't want to be near any heavy drinking, party environment anymore.

Have a great Monday everyone!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Morning Sweeties!!
                              Boozer- GOOD JOB on overcoming that craving...they come out of nowhere, don't they??? Bali will be tough...I drank on my vacay and regretted it...but Bali???? Write down your plan if you want..maybe we can help.
                              Allswell..you worried about Thailand??
                              Gosh - I have such exotic friends!!
                              SUN.....YOU ROCK!!!! really....I am very proud of you.
                              Paula- is a trainer a bike??
                              Nora....as always...lovely to talk to you and thanks for calling
                              when I get to work in a bit, I will upload a foto of Clay in his homecoming suit....GOSH...he looks like his Dad.
                              Nurdl...check in ok?
                              busy, busy weekend......cleaning,etc. I dragged Hubs to an Art Festival and it was fun
                              He dranl quite a few beers, but I had iced tea
                              Clay has to get a blood pressure reading twice a day by the school nurse, and he was complaining this morning about what a pain it would be. I laughed inside coz he was such a drama queen about getting to the doctor!! But we all feel better and he is not pre-occupied about it any more.
                              Nora - which friend are you going to seee??
                              more cofffee....then I'll get to work
                              oh yeah....we won our football game Friday night.....and they played Clay.
                              Be strong today Boozer....Ok?
                              peace out
                              Mama
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning everyone, pleased Clay is being monitored Mama. Trainers are running shoes, the kids wear them all the time, not cheap ! Enjoy your trip Boozer, I managed ok in Greece, not easy, but once you tell yourself no al, you can do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X