One Step at a Time - October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandson informs me that trainers are sneekers. I'm learning so much these days, soon be able to join the the academics. Perhaps not.!

Comment

Hi Everyone. I'm back! Tried to Mod and failed. Now I can see what you all have been talking about. Ugh. I need to give up alcohol entirely. Ugh. How am I ever going to do this?

Comment

Cold here today..what happened to fall...waiting for service person to look at furnace for the season.
        Day 8 and feeling OK for now. Being very careful...made beer bread yesterday and made dh buy 7up instead, not that I like beer but why take a chance...I dont think the bread tastes any different....NO beer....who cares....
        But have lots of things to do today...dental appointment later and may not make the gym but will get lots of exercise today around here.
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

good news Dottie!
          It has been another crazy day her so have not been able to check in much
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Everyone!

A very late check in for me today! Boy was I busy this weekend...if you want to see a list of chores I completed, I listed them in the Newbies Nest. LOL

My daughter built her new loft bed all by herself...I tell ya that girl is a GO-GETTER....I wonder where she gets it? That dang thing took 8 hours!!

Saturday night would have been the "perfect" drinking night (like there is such a thing?)...house spotless from top to bottom...I craved cigarettes real bad that day, but got past the "reward" mentality. So here I am on day 43!!

Ok, better do a little work since I'm on a roll.

Will check in later!

Love ya peeps!

Mama - Glad Clay is like totally like ok, like ya know?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

xo Niner!

Comment

EVERY day my boss gets back from lunch she asks "Did I miss anything?"...AND the flip flops are in full effect today too. I know I shouldn't let such petty things annoy me...but....

I just ordered some Spanx off of eBay...I'm giving up the battle of the bulge. LOL Bring on the cake!!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

GettingReal, there are lots of good ideas on the toolbox thread, under monthly abstinence. I used the list on the last post of that thread to develop my personal recovery list. The whole idea that there are many steps, many ongoing changes for successful recovery from alcohol abuse, is very important.

Dottie, it sounds like you are doing great. Welcome to this thread to both of you.

Paula, I saw my neurologist today at the pain management clinic. I have been prescribed tramadol extended release daily. I hope it enables me to sleep better like it did for you.

Mama, I'm waiting for that photo of your baby Clay.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

~nurdl, checking in as requested. Still driving home from college visit weekend. Still AF, it's day 33 I think. I've been trying to keep up with all your posts. MWO is a busy place. It's also a good, safe and supportive place to hang on. Youve given me much to think about in the post 30 day " is this all there is" space. How to plan, what to tell people, how should I feel about myself right now. What is my October goal?

It's all good. I'm lucky to have you all as new AF friends. I don't really know you but weve shared so much together. Y'all make me laugh :H

Stay strong, stay clean, TTDP and kick AL in the @$$ today
                    ~n
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

I'll try to get it loaded tomorrow Sun...
                      Nurdl...just keep on what you are doing and remember AL is not your friend!
                      Sun- I hope the new meds give you some relief. My hips hurt all the time now and I need to get them checked. Probably cause I am on my feet all day!!
                      off to read JK Rowlings new book....
                      niters and love you all to bits
                      K9- order some spanx for me too!

Comment

Another crazy day for me too! Boy - this trying to get caught up to take 3 days off is exhausting. :H

Mama - let me know how the book is. I was going to get it but have a few that I'm already reading or going to read so I'm waiting on that one. Just added another one to my want to read list too - 'The Time Keeper' by Mitch Albom.

Nurdl - You are really doing well. I agree that it's good to have this support here. Even though we don't 'know' each other, we do know each other because we share so much. How did the college weekend go?

Sun - I sure hope that the Tramadol works for you. That name sounds so familiar. I'm sure that hubby was on it at one point. I hope that it helps you sleep. It's so hard to live with chronic pain. You & Paula both do it with such grace.:l

K9 - I worked with someone that wore Spanx everyday. So, I thought I'd buy it one. I tried it once. I thought I was going to pass out trying to pull that thing up over my fat rolls. I finally got it on and then couldn't breath. So, good luck! :H
                        Great job on getting past the ciggie cravings!!!!

Dottie - Doing great!!! Smart thinking to use 7up instead of beer. I honestly can't be around it at this point. CONGRATULATIONS on Day 8!!!!!

GettingReal - Welcome back. Yep - I think we all try to moderate. I wouldn't worry too much about the 'how am I ever going to do this??' Take it One Step at a Time. We will get there. :l

Paula - I didn't realize that Trainers were sneakers. No wonder they cost so much. I was thinking about your Granddaughter and her worrying about weight. That is such a hard one. I'm glad that you were able to talk to her. Help her to focus on healthy food choices. It's just so sad to see these anorexic/bulimic youngsters.

Allswell - Have you been to Thailand before? Sounds like a fun trip and very smart of you to plan where to go so you can avoid the party atmospheres.

Boozer - how long are you going to be in Bali? I'll be thinking of you!

Dixon - Hi there! Good to see you!!!!

Oh - a coworker came into work this morning with a killer hangover. Remember those days??

Catch you all later. I'm wearing my funky mask for my sleep test tonight. I should take a picture. HA, HA.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora - that was a record post!! You sound so good. I hope the sleep apnea mask works.....I told hubs he needed one the other night...he is so tired all the time....
                          a HANGOVER???????????????????? what is that??
                          I am hungover from meds some days, but that is it....
                          are you still doing Latin Dance class??
                          There was a thing on the news this morning about portion control of food. I guess portions have gotten MUCH bigger over the years....
                          ok...back to work....

Comment

Morning all. Quick post from my kindle before I leave. The thing I wore over my head was funny......soft of like a beer hat with the straws going down and sort of like a miner's light.:H finally got it positioned and fell asleep an hour later, when sometime I woke up to a woman's voice telling me that something had moved away from Mt nose..I finally woke up and realized I had lost Ny head gear.:

Have a wonderful day all
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello everybody, Nora, I have read a couple of books by Mitch Albom, The five people I meet in heaven was very good. I have some spanx, not easy to get on. Mama there is a plate you can buy with all portions worked out for you, I just use a smaller plate. Hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

I bet THAT was a sexy look!!
                                so far the book is pretty good Nora.....I read "The Mistresses Revenge" and was a bit disappointed.....

Comment

Working...
                                X