One Step at a Time - October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks friends. I just get tired of complaining about the same thing.

Yes - this is my friend with the heart aneurysm. So, this will definitely be a 'good girl' weekend. But, we are going to have so much fun. I'm very excited. Very short trip but we're going to enjoy every minute.

Lunchtime!!!!
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Guess what I get to do at "lunch" time today? Get my YEARLY EXAM...I tried to get my daughter to go with me to see what's in store for her future...but she said HECK NO! LOL

So please think of me at 1:30...it will be over quick then I can get my shot that keeps my periods gone! It's worth it!!!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

My intention also K9, if they don't appreciate my wisdom and experience, it's their loss ! I have found that if you disagree with some people on this site, they really can't cope with it especially self proclaimed experts who have only been here a short time. Nora, hope you will soon be feeling better, take the weekend to recharge your batteries. If you don't take care of yourself you can't look after everybody else. Try and be a little selfish.

Comment

wise words Sweet Paula
          it's easy to be a bully on line
          try it in person.....
          K9...hope the exam went well....yick
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

HEY??? Where is tripplerette??

Comment

I had the "works" at the Doc today...pap, depo shot, flu shot...she told me I gained five pounds and I said "I am 289 days sober and 45 days smoke free, what do you want from me lady?" She got a chuckle out of that one. She mentioned a mammogram....uh oh.

Comment

Hi Mama,
                I was also wondering about Tips. She hasn't posted lately under October Sober either. She often hasn't posted daily in the past, so she may be doing fine. Definitely a Stepper, she is.

Nora, have fun on your trip.

Paula, one of the things I believe about life is that people rarely want advice unless they ask for it. Modders are definitely not looking for advice of AF people. When they post a question in the mods section, they are looking for thoughts from other moderate drinkers. If they wanted thoughts also from AF people they would post their question under General Discussion. I remember well going down that road. I think it is a lesson that people need to learn for themselves. Many seem to have already tried the moderation road before coming here. Personally I had never heard the word "moderation" applied to drinking before posting on this site. Like the other modders, I had to try it. In the long run it didn't work for me either, live and learn.

I woke up with a headache, which also kept me from sleeping well. Had a slow morning, kept an 11:15 dr's appt regarding my Reasonable Accommodation form for work. Got my hair cut & colored, and finally started feeling like myself by the time I got home. Choir practice tonight, I haven't sung in almost 3 weeks, I look forward to it.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

enjoy Sun..I hope you feel better sweetie
                  K9...I had my smashogram a few months back
                  Nora...have fun on your trip

Comment

I should have said my thoughts not advice, they are obviously people who have all the answers, unlike myself. Going out shopping today, hope everyone has a good day.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Working early today getting the final extensions done before next Monday's deadline then tax season is officially over! I can't believe so many people wait until the absolute last minute to take care of this stuff.

Fall is here and I love it, looking forward to lots of long hikes in the cool weather next week. For the past 15 years at least the fall was always the time when I would have a heart to heart with myself about my drinking and the need for changes. Never would any change last and as long as alcohol was still in my life it was the focal point of every day. Getting rid of it entirely was the only way I was able to make living the focal point instead of spinning my wheels in cycles. Maybe some of the people with all the answers never got to my point with alcohol, I don't know. I do know for me it's AF.

Have a good day everyone.
                      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

try not to lose your mind at work today Alls....
                        buy me a present Paula!!!!! something pink!

Comment

where is everyone??

Comment

I'm here! But I was wondering the same thing...it's quiet today!

Nothing much to report, I was hoping to get the flu from my flu shot so I could stay home. LOL Yes, I know it's a myth that it gives you the flu, however, the side effects are fever, sore throat, headache and muscle aches...isn't that the flu?

My new goal is to avoid the assholes around here and just focus on helping those in need. People that have to resort to name calling are immature and stupid...and there's no cure for that!

Tipps, I hope you are checking in here...I saw that you are looking for help elsewhere. Please do NOT let these people drive you away....we need you!!! :l

Back later, gonna go make some oatmeal...

Comment

you are sick pup babe...but I wish i was home too!
                              xo

Comment

Maybe we should both take a "sick" day soon Mama...I like to call it a "mental health day"...we all need one of those from time to time!

Comment

Working...
                                X