Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - October 2012

I am back.....
    I do not know if it was a bait and switch or what......but there was no court....just a young girl in an office that told us Clay was obiviously such a good kid that ...."how about we bypass the judgement by your peers, and just agree on some punishment?"
    Of course, Clay and I both nodded.
    He has to:
    be a "jury" member two night
    do 15 hours community service
    write a thank you letter to the cop that "arrested" him
    write a two-page essay about "Consequences of Shoplifting"
    attend a Consequences of Crime class
    and this one bugs me.....
    Bret or I have to go to a two hour parenting class......REALLY????????????????????????????????? ???
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey all....

Keep us posted Mama. Thinking of you. :l

Paula - glad that you're going to reschedule. It'll be much easier with a sedative. :l

K9 - I was looking a cute scarf last night & think I can follow those directions.

Allswell - Enjoy those guitar lessons. Sounds like fun. Hubby is definitely enjoying his new bass guitar that he got.

Juja - How are you doing? Anything exciting going on today?

Coco - what's the haps with my penguin friend???

Nothing much to say about me folks. Thanks for asking. Trying to keep in 'Faking it till I'm making it' Problem is that the faking it part just doesn't seem to end. Depression has really grabbed on this time and I'm working hard to shake it. Was going to use alcohol but I know that's not the answer. So, I'm on antabuse and I'm fighting the depression. Nothing wrong. I've given myself a million lectures. Everyone has problems so snap out of it. So, thanks for you concern. I'll be fine. :l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora...have you had your meds checked??? Sometimes they just quit working....
        and I know you know drinking exacerbates depression, right??? (said with LOVE)
        Paula - that was sweet of you to volunteer. Everytime I drive by the Hospice near my house, I imagine angels hovering above....
        and I wanna cupcake too!!

Comment

Mama, I'm sorry but that's just crazy that you have to go learn how to be a parent...at least you'll see some of your old friends in there...maybe Baby Mama will be there! LOL

One time my sister was in the parking lot of a store and her middle son was throwing one of his famous fits, so she pulled him out of the car and gave him a nice spank. Well a cop pulled up and said "Is there a problem?" and she said "No...there's no problem, either I can deal with this NOW, or YOU can deal with this in a few years" and he said "Have a nice day Ma'am". LOL

Don't know where that story came from, just popped into my head. I'm eating my oatmeal and trying to stay under 1,200 calories for the next 11 days. Not sure if I told ya'll but my daughter is getting Baptized on November 3rd. In our religion, it is a decision that each person makes for themselves, and we take it seriously. I'm so proud of my girl. We'll be going to one of our conventions and she will be baptized there. Long story short (too late), I know there's going to be lots of pictures and I'm not looking forward to looking like a blob. Thus the diet. Paula = ABORT THE CUPCAKE MISSION! LOL
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Paula - I'll take K9's cupcake. :H

Mama - glad to hear about Clay. Very lucky for sure. Drag about the parenting class. Make Bret go.

K9 - Nice that your daughter is going to be baptized. :l
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

K9 - that is awesome!!! and I love your sister's story
              Nora...I had the same thought myself!! Muahahahahahaha

Comment

and to make the day better
                Clay has to go on beta blockers TODAY,bc of the readings we have been sending the cardiologist.....
                and then he has to have the procedure to zap the nerve causing the rapid heartbeat
                ack!

Comment

Pleased things worked out well Mama, if you weren't a good parent you would not have been there with your son, and he's a good kid due to his upbringing. Ok I'll feed the kids the cake. I find baking so de-stressing, I do try not to eat them though. Must get back to my apple pie now.

Comment

Oh no Mama!! :l:l:l
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I know Nora...I am gonna be on heart meds soon
                      Thanks Paula...we try really hard and hubs is NO NONSENSE when it comes to our boys
                      maybe I should bake a pie tonight?? for de-stressing purposes

Comment

Mama - You should TOTALLY bake a pie tonight. I made 3 boxes of brownies for a picnic on Sunday and they were so easy and yummy, I thought "Why don't I make these more often?" Then I looked down and couldn't see my feet and thought "Oh yeah, that's why".

I just went to the jewelry store and got Sierra a little charm that I'm having engraved with her name on one side and her baptism date on the other. They ordered a chain to go with it. I thought it would be something cute she could keep forever.

Clay is going to be fine Mama, he's a young healthy strapping boy...stay positive :l
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

that's sweet Niner......
                          you can't see your feet cause of your boobs silly!
                          and I know he will be fine
                          between jail and the ER, he will stay busy.............JUST KIDDING!!!!

Comment

Gosh, so much going on! Busy women, aren't we?

Mama>Whew, I'm relieved for you and yours. And who knows, the class could be interesting. You'll definitely see why some kids have lots of problems. I bet you'll look at some of the parents, and go really????

K9> How nice about the baptism. Your life is so-o-o much better without AL. Oh, and I can't imagine that you're anywhere near fat. Puh-lease. (Excuse me why I go get some more popcorn.)

Nora> I don't like that you're feeling this way. How long will you wait until you make an appt with your doc or therapist? Don't let it get away from you, okay?

Hi Paula, and everyone else I can't see from this vantage point. I'm tired from work today, and don't want to read back, but I know someone's making cupcakes. Yum.

Day 12 here, and it was a really good day.
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey all - another quick check in. Going to bed early again. Seems to be my norm lately.

Jan - when does Clay go to the Doctor? I know we talked and it seems like this is a pretty routine surgery, I know it's still scary. I'm thinking of you all. :l

K9 - the necklace sounds really pretty.

Paula - did you get another appointment for your MRI yet?

Juja - you are sounding great!!! You go girl!!

Thanks for asking about me. I have an appointment with my psych on November 3. I'm sure she's going to want to switch up my meds. Yuck! Not looking forward to it but I think it's time. These down times are hitting more often. Plus, I have an appointment with a pulmonary Dr Thursday afternoon to go over the results of my seep test. I was going to reschedule that one because I have to take Scott to see the surgeon earlier that day to schedule his hernia surgery. I didn't want to miss that much work. But, if I do have sleep apnea, that could be the cause of my exhaustion/depression. So, think I better go ahead & keep that appointment. Of course, maybe this is just old age. :H
                              Anyway, I'm doing ok. Helps to come here & have people that understand. :h

Thinking of you Sun & Allswell.

Take care everyone..................
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning everyone. Going for a CT scan next week Nora.Taking grandchildren swimming today, so I am getting excercise. Made lots of cakes but only tried one. Been inspired by the great British bake off, on tv, I read its coming your way this year. Good luck with your appointment Nora, a friend of mine went to a sleep clinic, and they gave him a simple device to help with the apnoea, he has no problems now.

Comment

Working...
                                X