One Step at a Time - October 2012

enjoy the peace and quiet RC
    hi to techie and foxy and nurdl too!!!
    Sober Saturday for everyone, ok?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

RC - perfect spooky music!! Thanks! I feel for you with all the partying going on around you. Enjoy your peaceful time!! I always enjoy when I can have a few moments alone.

Mama - sorry about Clay but he should be glad he's grounded at home. How long is he going to be grounded? I did love your pics yesterday. Saw them on facebook too. No - I'm not sick. I've had some reaction to the vaccine they gave me. Tdap - (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) I've been running a temp around 101 since yesterday. Came home & went straight to bed and I've been there ever since. Never had this happen before. At least I feel like I finally got some sleep.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

They live, they live! The ghouls have returned! All the rest are probably at Home Depot or Lowe's scrounging for supplies.

Re Frankenstorm: As best I can determine, we may get gale force winds and heavy rain Monday and Tuesday. We're about 200 miles due west of the Atlantic, about an hour and a half from DC.

I thank you for all the wonderful words encouragement. I got a bit misty-eyed reading them. I not familiar with loving kindness.

Mama> I think Clay's probably learned a very good lesson, don't you? May the rest of your years together be problem-free. I feel sorry for his girlfriend, as I'm sure she misses him. I remember my first beau getting grounded, and I felt I was being punished, too. His, however, was over an algebra grade! Big diff.

RC>What would we do without you? You're a joy to have around.

Nora>You can't get a break, can you? I'm glad you're resting today. I had a bit of a reaction to the flu shot, too, but not as bad as yours. Take care, luv.

Where's K-9, noodle--oops--nurdl, and all the rest?

Everyone enjoy their quiet evenings. They're nice, aren't they?

Love, love, love,:h

Sober Juja
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja - great job on getting right back to it. :l Way to go. :l You deserve to be treated with kindness. We all do. We are going to find our way.

Thinking of you all with this storm. Stay safe.

Going to go in to work tomorrow. I had planned on working today & tomorrow. Oh well. Done bun can't be undone. (just love that quote from a Stephen King book)
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Definitely one step at a time!

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining you - after many years of on/off drinking too much too regularly am trying again to become permanently AF - when will I learn that I can't drink moderately?! So definitely, one step at a time for now and today is the first step forward - thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Open arms for Laurel!

Come join us. This is an absolutely wonderful group of people--sane, too, except for Running Courage!:H
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Good Sunday Morning all
                Curled up sipping coffee and watching a scary movie......
                it chilly and foggy here
                breakfast casserole in the oven....eggs, ham, cheese, onion, milk, YUM
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Back from my Sunday run, the weather is lousy so I cut it short. Not to sound too gross but I live in an entertainment district and with all of the Halloween events and such at the bars, the sidewalks this morning had more throw up than usual. There's a lot of people feeling like shit this morning and I'm not one of them. Glad those drinking days are over!!!

Hey Juja - great that you are able to get back to it. Getting AL out is a process not an event.

Hope you are feeling better today Nora.
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hello all,
                    I seem to remember posting here early on...day 28 for me and that is really good by my standards..going to try and expand my groups and remember this one.
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I'm alive.....I'm alive....I'm alive Imagine Frankenstein movie here. :H I survived the vaccine. I am up and showered & at work.

Welcome to Time For Change!!!:welcome: So happy to have you here. I'm with you - I can't drink moderately. I'm trying to remember that. (I'm a slow learner sometimes ) But, really happy to have you here.

Dottie - welcome back. Congrats on 28 days. That is awesome. :goodjob:

I was putting on my green stickers on my calendar this morning and have decided to change to a different color next month. Might go with yellow or blue happy faces. Decisions, decisions.

Allswell - yuck - another great reason not to be drinking. That just doesn't sound like fun.

Mama - enjoy your day. You deserve it.

Got to get to work here. Have a wonderful, wonderful day!!!!! :h

Be safe everyone in danger of the storm.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

We're in preparedness mode for Sandy. Dh is making last run to the store.

Water--check
                        Food-check
                        Laundry done-check (don't want anything piling up!)
                        Dishwasher run and emptied--check
                        Candles, flashlights, Coleman stove-check

I may or may not be able to post for awhile. I really don't know what to expect in my area. I'll be in touch as I'm able.

Everyone take care, and those in Sandy's path, be safe.

Love,
                        Juja:l

Comment

Stay safe sweetie. We're ready but this calm before the storm is making me crazy.
                          :notes:
                          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hello everyone. Got back from my weekend party, met a lot of very self important people, who really did think they were better(than me) but as the night wore on and they got drunker it was so interesting to see how they changed, we just sat and watched some of these pompous folks make idiots of themselves, I was so happy to sit there with my orange juice, and this morning go to breakfast with a clear head. Been watching the news, do hope you will be safe Juja and everyone else in the area.

Comment

Paula - that must have really been something. To see those self important people acting like idiots. Good for you!!! You are doing so great!! You have obviously turned the corner. :l I'm glad you're home. I've missed you around here.

Juja & Nurdl and everyone else - stay safe. That just sounds so scary. :h I've been thru earthquakes but never a hurricane.

Home from work & going to work on some paperwork here now.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope everyone is safe. Sending out some positive thoughts to you all. Been reading the news and it does look bad. Please check in when you all can. :h
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X