Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly 3 weeks

Hi All

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. All is well here in NC. I am working from home on a rainy day-very nice.

Glad to be sober! Exercise has been great, lost 6 lbs already. 20 to go. It just takes the first step out the door. I've been enjoying trails around a terrific lake only about 8 minutes drive from home.

I am continuing my clearing out of my place. Selling some stuff and packing some away for spring garage sale. I have a new couch coming Saturday-rearranging, getting rid of clutter. Feeling almost ready to settle in for a nice winter.

My daughter is doing very well too. Things are rolling along quite nicely.

BTW-I was out and about yesterday and stopped at a Mexican place for fajitas. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and 3 men and a woman were sitting at the bar drinking. There was a time when I would have walked right over and joined them. Happy to report that I had no desire to do so. Life is just too short

Nearly 3 weeks

well done you!! keep it up :goodjob:
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Ann, I seen you posted on another thread and was wondering how you were doing; so happy for you!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Hot Dang! That's the stuff! I'm so happy to see your progress! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

I am really happy to know that you done this finally !!!
          At this time,
          Please put the society and family members along side,they will be with us only when are stronger !!
          You can look at me , how I was before ??
          Dix:l:l:l
          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Congrats! Time does make things easier. Your doing great!
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Thanks

Thanks to all who responded. I love the way being sober allows things to become clear that you never think about when drinking.
              There are a lot of conscious choices in drinking. To me it goes like this-invitation to an event, alcohol will be there, the decision to go with the intent of drinking. Now I just beg off on the invitation and do something else.
              I have realized that my physical state is something that bothers me. I am working on getting my body healthy as well as my mind. I am exercising and seeing a difference. I rarely miss a day of exercise. Fitting it into a busy schedule is not that hard really.

Peace to all

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Hi Ann,
                Nice to meet you - I'm in NC Too. You sound great. X-Cise has been a great help to me as well. Being middle aged AND sober is a stepping stone for sure. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Ann, I am glad you are doing well.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nearly 3 weeks

Ann Carolina;1385823 wrote: Thanks to all who responded. I love the way being sober allows things to become clear that you never think about when drinking.
                    There are a lot of conscious choices in drinking. To me it goes like this-invitation to an event, alcohol will be there, the decision to go with the intent of drinking. Now I just beg off on the invitation and do something else.
                    I have realized that my physical state is something that bothers me. I am working on getting my body healthy as well as my mind. I am exercising and seeing a difference. I rarely miss a day of exercise. Fitting it into a busy schedule is not that hard really.

Peace to all
                    They will keep getting clearer Ann!... You are free to make healthy choices & you are making the good ones!... The ones that will bring happiness & health. I'm so happy for you!....

I've been doing the same thing Ann. As my whole being became unhealthy from the poison & unhealthy choices. I used to be a fitness guru. My exercise plan is slowly showing signs of rewards. My 25 very fit daughter is in town for a short visit & she's pushing me.

I love your attitude!!!... Between you & Daisyluv, I'm going to be quite fit by my 1yr sobriety anniversary. My quit smoking date has been chosen too. I'm going for it Ann. You are one of my friends who inspires me. Yes, we can do it woman!!! I wished I could play the guitar. Maybe you will play a tune soon. You have so many beautiful creative talents, that I admire.

Big congrats on your 3 weeks of sobriety!!!!... Were going to throw you a big~ wild ~ fun party, so get your dancing shoes ready girl.

Love, :h

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Working...
                    X