Army Thread 3rd october

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 3rd october

We're doing a fondue night here tonight... the lodger is Chief Chef in Charge. An authentic Swiss cheese fondue followed by a strawberry and choccy fondue. Prolly about 6 people. I won't know what's hit me not being in the kitchen... YAY MOI!!!

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Mrs A... From WebMD...

How is it treated?

In many cases, sciatica will improve and go away with time. Initial treatment usually focuses on medicines and exercises to relieve pain. You can help relieve pain by:

Avoiding sitting (unless it is more comfortable than standing).
      Alternating lying down with short walks. Increase your walking distance as you are able to without pain.
      Taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen (Aleve).
      Using a heating pad on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Try a warm shower in place of one session with the heating pad. You can also buy single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. You can also try an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. There is not strong evidence that either heat or ice will help, but you can try them to see if they help you.

Additional treatment for sciatica depends on what is causing the nerve irritation. If your symptoms do not improve, your doctor may suggest physical therapy, injections of medicines such as steroids, stronger medicines such as muscles relaxants or opioids, or even surgery for severe cases

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Zenstyle;1387021 wrote: Mrs A... From WebMD...

How is it treated?

In many cases, sciatica will improve and go away with time. Initial treatment usually focuses on medicines and exercises to relieve pain. You can help relieve pain by:

Avoiding sitting (unless it is more comfortable than standing).
        Alternating lying down with short walks. Increase your walking distance as you are able to without pain.
        Taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen (Aleve).
        Using a heating pad on a low or medium setting for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 or 3 hours. Try a warm shower in place of one session with the heating pad. You can also buy single-use heat wraps that last up to 8 hours. You can also try an ice pack for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. There is not strong evidence that either heat or ice will help, but you can try them to see if they help you.

Additional treatment for sciatica depends on what is causing the nerve irritation. If your symptoms do not improve, your doctor may suggest physical therapy, injections of medicines such as steroids, stronger medicines such as muscles relaxants or opioids, or even surgery for severe cases
        Thanks Zen for taking the trouble :goodjob:
        Doing most of the above. I have had spinal fractures caused by oosteoporosis hence sciatica takes a while to resolve.
        Another reason to be/get sober before you get all the nasties caused by booze:upset:

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

I have become an ardent fan of the heat pad Whizzy. And if I mix it with the ice pack it usually does a lot of good.

I'm really surprised at that thread that will not die. I try to keep away but I'm drawn to it every time I log on! lol And I get my game head on every time I see my "peeps" ) getting dragged into the fray. I think it's totally conceited to press one's religious (or lack of) views on people. I don't consider myself to be religious but I would never trample on other people's beliefs... I think that is totally wrong, especially given the nature of this forum and the fact that some people are following Step based programmes.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

mollyka;1387026 wrote: Just what it's not. It's not diabetes and the fact I'm not bleeding anywhere apparently is great yeah, he mentioned vitamins or possibly a lurking sort of virus - he's a bit of an old school doctor - he just looked me over and said (literally) 'ah sure -- you look grand' - so I must be grand

Sorry bout the sciatica mrsa - I s'pose it's better than havin ..... mrsa:H - sorry - just been waiting for that joke for a while :-) seriously tho - I do sympathise:upset:
            I HATED LOATHED ABHORRED Kenny Everett - with a vengeance -- him what must be obeyed think's he was hilarious --- venus and mars!!!!
            It's all done in the BEST POSSIBLE taste!!!

Well, if he gave you the look over you must be all right. Did he check yer teeth? Like they do the nags... *ruuuuuuuuuuuning...........................*

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Just waiting for the lasagne to brown so had a bit of a cruise into the meds thread.
              I could weep.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

mollyka;1387033 wrote: I thought it had quite mellowed achully - posted on it myself for the first time this evening - I cannot get animated about 'faith' one way or the other - nothing anyone could say about it could upset me - cos I just think it's a load of bollix tbh - that's why the subject matter just doesn't bother me. Now start me on the 'other' lot --- animation on steroids I am
                Yeah, it's chilling down...

I can't take stuff like that too seriously. It's so personal and individual... for anyone to step up to the podium and deliver their viewpoint is almost comical to me!!! I mean... WTF?! :H

And... yes, you do get a little animated on the "other" point in question... :H

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

JackieClaire;1387035 wrote: Just waiting for the lasagne to brown so had a bit of a cruise into the meds thread.
                  I could weep.
                  Oh... is there something to take my mind off religion then?! :new:

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Aww Zens, hun. It's another suicide.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Oh Jesus. I just read it. How awful.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Anyway orff to get me well browned lasagne.

Bacinabut.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

mollyka;1387048 wrote: Oh fuck! I thought it was just a good old row --- that's just fucking awful.
                          Yeah... I knew you had missed it. :l

I have to go to the bank... I'll check back when I get home as I am waiting for my dinner to be cooked for me... ;o)

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

Bit of lasagne, Dallas and Shameless. Noice.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

who committed suicide?
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Army Thread 3rd october

I found it...so sad....she was lovely
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem