Ambien blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambien blackout

Anyone ever use Ambien? If so did you blackout?

Took one last night and dont remember a daym thing, weird
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Ambien blackout

Yes... I took it a few times. It isn't for me! It gave me crazy hallucinations while half-sleeping. When I was in the hospital with my second baby, they were trying to keep the little girl in because she was too early. So, to help me rest, they gave me ambien. Oh Oh! Baby started to come not long after I took that damn pill, and I hardly remember the experience! it was a very surreal labor and delivery!

I think some are ok with ambien, but I'd rather stick with my Tylenol PM, or, on the rare occasion, if I wake up in the middle of the night, my ativan.
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Ambien blackout

Nelzie,

I've never taken it, but I have heard a lot of warnings about it causing blackouts and people doing things they have no memory of. Scary! Be careful! :l
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ambien blackout

I have taken it for an overnight flight and it did nothing for me... It didn't even help me sleep... Maybe it just affects diff people differently

Comment

Ambien blackout

It is used regularly as a sedative where I often work. One of the side effects is amnesia. A few years ago it was given to someone in a coma, and actually brought them out of it. It is used in preference to benzodiazapines, less addictive. Should not be used for longer than about 28 days.

Comment

Ambien blackout

Yes, I take them...when I first got the Rx, I was on the road...I woke up the next morning and had 2 scabs on my knees and there were 3 Butterfinger wrappers on the floor...I must have had a heck of a party. Now I take 1/2 when I'm traveling, they help me sleep, but I'm not up partying with myself without remembering it. SCARY! (I wasn't drinking either.....)
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ambien blackout

LOL

Wifey just pointed out possible side effects:

Driving a car
              Sleep eating
              Sex(uhhhh yeah right.....that one HAD to be a man, needing an excuse)
              Sleepwalking

Powerful pill for sure
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Ambien blackout

Sounds like a lot of people have had trouble with ambien. According to my husband (who's an MD) its one of the most widely prescribed and trouble free meds. I had trouble sleeping for a period and took it for about nine months. No problems. I liked it because it worked consistently and I was out in about and hour and I woke up refreshed. No side effects.

The generic is equally effective, but there are a handful of people that have really odd effects. Like you, they are ready to speak out to prevent troubles in others but the drug has a safe and effective track record.

Comment

Ambien blackout

Ambien

It was a lifesaver for me when I developed insomnia and I took it for a long time. There really were some weird side effects. It started to scare me a little bit so I quit taking it.

BUT it will make you sleep all right. At first I was thrilled to wake up and see that it was 7 rather than 2 a.m. But things did get weird. I'm not surprised about this Nelz. A lot more is known about it now compared to when I started taking it years ago.

Comment

Ambien blackout

josephpeter1;1387737 wrote: At a small party my friend and I decided to take some Ambien he had acquired but we were leery of any actual effects, so we decided to snort 1/2 one each.Well this shouldn't be too unexpected...they are sleeping pills.
                    SPAM?

Comment

Ambien blackout

A juvenile reply - perhaps spam.

One thing to note about Ambien. It is actually a rather safe drug even in large doses, unlike many benzos. Not trying to get anyone inspired for a marathon sleep here but it's unlikely to be fatal. There are some odd reactions, for some but there are very few reported overdoses unless one takes it with xx, yy, zz and/or some other drug combination which is never a good idea.

In other words. Ambien and its generic equivalent are recognised to be safe and effective for the treatment of insomnia - with some side effects - and of course those individuals should steer clear.

Comment

Working...
                      X