Army Thread Friday 5th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like the barracks are deserted so I'm off to walk Freddo and then to do a bit of ironing. Catch up with all of youz sometime tomorrow. :catroll:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Jenz just groaned she's got 33".

.Can you see me down here around her knees.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1387988 wrote: Shit - never thought about that with the legs -- a yard -- haha - that's funny:H
        We often don't get snow at all. 'Tis the snow in Toronto I'm talkin about! We usually get about 25 little flakes of snow - the country grinds to a halt for 3 weeks - and then we get floods as the 25 flakes melt:H
        Almost missed you there Molly-moo. Oh yes, the Toronto snow. Dawg, you must be so looking forward to the trip. Yep Toronto will have lots of snow that time of year and probably low temps as well. Get yourself a good warm jacket, preferably one down below yer butt. And if you plan to get out and about, walking I mean, you'll need a good pair of warm thermal gloves as well so yer fingers don't freeze. Bloody Canadian winters. I love my homeland but I sure couldn't go through the winters they have there. Too cold for me.

Okay, outta here - wishing you all a lovely evening and the sweetest of dreams.

Comment

JackieClaire;1387978 wrote: Good evenings, general wavings and yoooooooooo hooooooooooooos
          Son and heir here all afternoon and daughter's just arrived with tonsillitis (nope it's not her new boyfriend).
          Missed you altogether, JackieClaire. Sorry Jen's got tonsillitis. Younger son had bad tonsils for years. He finally got them out a couple of years ago and has been fine ever since. In fact, the cramps he used to get in his calf muscles went away after the tonsillectomy.

Now I really gotta go....:H Tomorrowz......

Comment

Bye Stirly :l & :hallo: again the rest of youse.

I was having a lie-down earlier. Just to relax a bit, like. Next thing I know, I woke up two hours later. Must've been tired or summat.

Hope JC Junior feels better soon. Tonsilitis sucks. Mrs. T gets it from time to time. My own came out when I was 5. Can still remember the joy of having as much jelly, custard and ice cream as I wanted.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

ok...fresh from the mouth of 17 year old.....hubs has not called me back....
              "Mom, I have like, this extra nerve thing that , like, makes my heart beat funny, but it's , like, ok and I can play tonight. I have to wear this cool thing on my finger and like, monitor it. They will go in my leg and zap the extra nerve thing if, like, the doctor says I need it.

OMG.............................................
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nighty night Stirls,:l

She only had it a few times as a child and it's not the done thing to get them out these days.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

nite STirls

Comment

tonsils will make you really sick...don't you catch it JC

Comment

mama bear;1388001 wrote: ok...fresh from the mouth of 17 year old.....hubs has not called me back....
                      "Mom, I have like, this extra nerve thing that , like, makes my heart beat funny, but it's , like, ok and I can play tonight. I have to wear this cool thing on my finger and like, monitor it. They will go in my leg and zap the extra nerve thing if, like, the doctor says I need it.

OMG.............................................
                      I can make more sense of that than if a Doctor started explaining.

He sounds OK with it,so put a big Mammy smile on and do the smiley noddy thing while you're stomach's in yer throat.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Soz... I got waylaid!

I'm glad Clay is OK Mama... I thought he would be... xxx

Off to the other room... will catch youz on the laptop...

Comment

mama bear;1388006 wrote: tonsils will make you really sick...don't you catch it JC
                          They were kindly removed when I was 10. Them were the day you stayed in hospital for a week and I loved it. Didn't want to come home. The children's ward was like a huge playground.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I absolutely hated leaving the hospital after 6 days when I had Jenz. I'd still be there now but that were back in the day when you got a proper breakfast not a ham bun and a bag of crisps.
                            ooh I still dream of their poached eggs. Mind you on my first day shuffling to the table I'd taken that long they'd run out of cutlery and I had to eat it with a desert spoon.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Glad you had good news, MB :l

Fecing cannot stand hospitals. Not even the private ones. Our state hospitals are unmentionable. Let's not go there...
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Have to say on me latest trip to the NHS I was well impressed. If I'd believed everything I'd read in the papers I'd have done it meself.

I've done both over here private and NHS.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X