Quik Note setting record Straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was raised by an aethiest father who taught me to be suspicious of anyone who put their lives into the dogma. I think it's a much better thing to appreciate and show gratitude to life, the universe, etc.

Also, the title of your thread is a little inflammatory. I was raised to keep my beliefs as private as my bank account.

Hi SKENDALL , now I am REALLY at a loss. Above is a quote FROM YOU on the thread which caused all the upset.
    Here you suggest that beliefs should be kept as private as your bank account, yet when I concur with this you berate me.

Why would you do such a thing ?

Below is part of the post by WILDFLOWERS on this thread. It suggests the same thing. MWO is not the place for discussions on belief. Did anyone criticize her for this statement?

Originally Posted by Wildflowers

I feel MWO is the wrong platform to discuss all are beliefs, non beliefs. I really don't care!... Lets just not attack each other about them! I think in hindsight if RJ would have planned ahead knowing that a Spiritual forum & Modders & Abbers war was going to divide the community here in such a negative way she would have asked Vbulltein to design a different software program. I think if this shite continues here when her web-hosting license is up, or sooner, she MAY yank this site down. I think we'd all hate to see that happen!!!..... Sigh.............................................. .......................................

It would appear that no matter what I say I will be attacked. Is there a presumption that because I have no god I have no feelings or worth?

Apart from the thread on Merlot, this is the only thread I have seen started SOLELY for the purpose of dissecting a single member and, on the surface, for a single statement. The attack on Merlot saw the thread removed, yet this remains.

I have explained why I made that statement. I have apologized for the upset my thread caused.

It might interest you to know that concern for the opinions of others was the single greatest cause of my drinking. Since I quit and through all this I have remained sober, not dry drunk as I have seen suggested by some, but calmly sober.......but still an atheist.

Comment

Look Kuya ... I don't care if you're an atheist or a tree hugger or a worshipper of a sausage on a stick.

Can you just shut up for a while?

That would be nice.

Thanking you in advance.

Oh ... and before you reply, please note that I'm putting you on 'Ignore' so I won't be able to see your response. Too bad. So sad.

FFS ... relax, will ya? Very happy you've quit. Good job. Now stop stirring and let others do the same.

Comment

Kuya, I agree with the Frog ( hope you don't mind my familiarity Tawnyfrog.. I do read Undies and I am from across the ditch too!!)

I really think you should take a chill pill and relax too

Take care
        Patrice

Comment

Patrice ... drop into the drawer. We're pretty friendly there ... mostly ...

Comment

k9 and birdlady I really appreciated reading your posts. These two heartfelt comments say it all for me...

K9Lover;1391314 wrote: We may not agree on a lot of things, but we are united in our battle against abusing alcohol.
            Byrdlady;1391456 wrote:
            We are all fighting the same demon....hopefully no more will we fight each other.
            so well said and it goes straight to the heart of things :thumbs:

Comment

I had to laugh - I was reading through this thread and was trying to see who FFS was......went back all the way to the beginning and couldn't find ANYONE with those initials - it took me a while then suddenly the penny dropped....... ROTFLMBO !!!!
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

:H:H:H @ sunshine

yep, there were about 3 posts deleted by one poster

Comment

My children always did say I was 'special' !!! :H:H
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Gonna change my name to fer fecks sake to avoid confusion :H:H:H

Comment

drinkingal;1391796 wrote: :H:H:H @ sunshine

yep, there were about 3 posts deleted by one poster
                      Can't be bothered

Comment

I finally began to catch on, then googled "Internet abbreviations" to figure it out! Yeah, I'm part of the swift crowd, too...and Wildflowers, thank you so much for the pretty pictures. I am in awe of technologically advanced people who can post pictures...
                        Special thanks to Kradle for getting this ball rolling, and my sincere appreciation to all of us for being humble and sincerely getting us back on the correct track here at MWO. Farfalla
                        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Haven't a clue what ROTFLMBO, means, you must educate me.! Yes thanks Kradle.

Comment

Rolling
                            On
                            The
                            Floor
                            Laughing
                            My
                            Butt
                            Off
                            Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
                            If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
                            November 2, 2012

Comment

Thank you Wally.

Comment

Wally22;1391956 wrote: Rolling
                                On
                                The
                                Floor
                                Laughing
                                My
                                Butt
                                Off
                                Actually - in my case I mean Rolling on the floor laughing my boobs off - I had breast cancer and can take them off - LOL !! sick humour - sorry !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X