Do you grow your own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you grow your own?

Every year, about this time,(spring in the UK) I plant a few vegetable seeds in the small area available to me.
    Home grown carrots taste beautiful. A few cabbages. They make the best coleslaw.
    New Potatoes.....mmmmm. lovely!

Anyone else?

Do you grow your own?

I wish i could say i do popeye but im more of a flower girl, my sister has the best veggy patch in her garden and home grown carrots are lovely and sweet.

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Hi Popeye,

My father has a fabulous veg. patch and it's a real treat to get home grown veg when I go home!

As for my 'green fingers' - non existant really - I seem to donate all my wonderful offerings to the slugs and snails!

Enjoy
      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
      Goals:
      Days 1-7 DONE
      Days 8-14 DONE
      Days 15-21 DONE
      30 days DONE
      60 days
      100 days

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Yes the slugs and snails always beat me to any veggies I attempt to grow. Best I have done is some garden mint and rosemary but I dont suppose they count as veggies.

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Now I am getting hungry. Homegrown tomatos, ( fried green).........MMMMMM Zuchinni, ( breaded and fried)...........MMMMMMMMMMMMn fresh green beans ( with new potatos and ham) MMMMMMMMMMMM

OH POPEYE, My belly is growling and we have a few months to go to plant.:bonkers:
          AF Since December 2006

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Sadly, I despise gardening although I love to reap the benefits of a veggie patch. My husband loves to garden but is very unsuccessful with growing veggies. So Popeye can you fly across the world to help him please? I try to grow herbs but we do not have the right sunny spot in our yard and they always die (Notice how I am pointing the finger away from me as being the reason they are dying?).
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Hey lush,
              That is exactly what my wife would have said.:H

Comment

Do you grow your own?

I'm so jealous! I wish I had a veggie garden. I was on a farm once, and the vgetables had THE best flavor. (Oh! So THAT"S what a tomato is supposed to taste like!?) The ones we get here in the city, even the organics, are pitiful in comparison. :yukko:

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Yep!
                  Farm girl here!

We grow all kinds of veggies and blackberries and blueberries and grapes also.
                  My favorite tomato is "Brandywine".. It is a heirloom that gets as big as a dinner plate! Yum!!!!!!

I've been on my knees for hours today working on some raised beds.
                  It's a pretty good workout!

I also have a rose garden and a hoophouse.
                  I pruned the roses today and fertlized them.

Ok.....off to our favorite "Catfish House" for dinner.

Come on down!

:h NAncy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Do you grow your own?

P-
                    I'm actually thinking of growing one this year!

When we first built our home (10yrs ago) my garden was sooo plentiful. Then the next 3 yrs I lost interest. So I've had a huge mulch pile there. LOL.

But this year I thought I'd go small again with tomatos, green pepper & cucumbers. I love salads.

Funny, last year our garden had pumpkins because the year before we thru old Halloween pumpkins back there!

Oh, do have rhubarb that sits among the weeds-lol.
                    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Do you grow your own?

Sorry Paul, I also love watching it grow, but much to my shame, I am not patient enough to cultivate it. In fact, over the past two years I was active in the monitoring and eradication of opium and cannabis, ha, ha. Well actually, more in helping farmers in finding alternative livelihoods (i.e. other crops). But not myself active in planting them. Those who teach, of course, seldomly do, ha, ha.
                      Paddy
                      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
                      X