Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 12th October

Good morning, folksies

POETS day is here! Yay! I need to get a quote for the repairs on Mrs. T's car, so I'm leaving the office early - I'd like to have "her" all fixed up before she gets back. Luckily we have comprehensive insurance with no co-payment / excess. The insurance company will, in turn, go after the other guy to recover the costs.

Have a lekker Friday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning Tipps and all to come. I hope you get a good deal on the insurance for mrs T very good of you to think of her and sort it out for when she gets back. Still dark here but felt mild when i let the cats out after feeding them and cleaning out the cat litter tray. Not much planned today except an AA meeting later and a trip to the library. I didn't make it yesterday as it rained heavy in the afternoon. got to my 1pm AA meeting tho. Hope you all a good and positive friday. Back in bed watching breakfast tv and drinking coffee.:television::cupajoe::catroll:

Comment

:sausages:Morning Molly yeah well done to Jackie. I hope Joe feel ok soon amd its not too serious. It was good to see oney popping in last night i hope she does so again. I read back last night but didn't post as i was too tired. Just putting some sausages on for brekkie so be back later some time.

Comment

Good morning Tips I hope it really is POETS day for you

Molly tried not to read all that stuff on the other threads last night and then I did and could not sleep. I hope Joe is OK and the GP comes up with a diagnosis and treatment. Do you have the same GP? Yours sounds fab. You both want to be on top form for tomorrow.

Hi Foxy are you up yet?

Has JC given up the fags?? I missed that somewhere

Hi everyone to come:l

Comment

Good morning Tipperooo, Foxyloxy, Mollymoooooooo, Our Whizzy.

Check me ciggie siggie Mrs A. Feels different this time

Bacinabit. Hairdresser's here.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Army,
            Was in hospital this morning as i have to have blood tests as my joints on my body keep swelling up for no apparent reason, Aritethus,gout,rheumatism thats what the doc think it is.

I got blood tests at the start of the month but they lost my chart,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning all....just nipped in..no not on the borrow..well done on giving up the bifters JC
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

It sure does mollyka,

Hiya mick nice to meet/post you :-)

Comment

Going to see can i go back to sleep for a while, night.

Comment

Morning all
                    Mick - we have no food - !!!
                    GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA THE FRIDGE :H
                    Molls is going shopping to friggintesco !

So later maybe

Comment

mario;1391128 wrote: Going to see can i go back to sleep for a while, night.
                      Mario
                      Are you still jimming it ?
                      I know when I started with the weights etc - I was IN BITS.
                      My knees swelled up and went to all sorts of physios etc.

It was the using muscles I've never used before that caused it -
                      Sitting 8 hours day does not help and the muscles seize up !!

I'd suggest a sports physio ?
                      Or am I totally off the mark ?

Comment

mollyka;1391093 wrote: Mornin Tipps and Foxy - yep - get the car fixed before 'herself' gets home Tipps, good plan!
                        Bloody well done Jackie on getting the smokes signature!! Dead proud of you I am:goodjob::l
                        Lovely seeing Oney for a wee while yesterday and I hope we see you here today Marioman - many's the time I've felt my life going belly up a bit and MWO has cheered me and made me feel I belonged somewhere:l:l
                        Slept on the couch last night - Joe seems really rather ill - he NEVER moans so.... down to the doc at 9 I'm guessing, he's asleep right now so not sure how he is this morn. I feel it's a kidney infection but we'll see.
                        :l:l Joe

Comment

Nice. Roots done and hair tidied. Depressing thought is that I booked my Chrimbo appointment with her just in case she gets busy.

Morning Mickleodeon, Satzuma, Marioooooo

Ah Mario. You aren't half going through the wars, hun. I'll nip round with a nice cup of green tea later.

Ooh Tips, did eldest cub win anything last night.

Molls. We've talked before about the effect even one or two drinks can have on us. I was staggered when I did that training course. Any one want to know I'll get me stuff out.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Back from a very slow run

Hi JC what was the catalyst for you giving up the cigs this time? Your hair sounds good.

Sorry about all your woes Mario! It never rains but it pours, hopefully your blood tests will be ok

Hiya Satz are you feeling better today?

Hiya Mick I do not know whether we have been formally introduced?

Off for a shower

Sorry I missed oney and zen last night:upset:

Comment

anon;1391140 wrote:
                              Hi JC what was the catalyst for you giving up the cigs this time? Your hair sounds good.
                              Pure pig headedness + Champix + my hypnosis CD + the smoking cessation woman + Gawd have you seen how much money you save and it's nearly Christmas + I quite like breathing in and out with out wheezing.

Hair's still a bit bouffant but give it a couple of hours and it should be right.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X