Can't we all just get along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look - I've seen so many threads with fights starting up. It's ridiculous. If you have a belief -say it but don't demean others and don't demean the person that's writing about it, if you want to moderate than so be it, if you want to stop completely -hats off to you but please quit judging those who are not with you on what you think.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Dare I post? I agree Fluff......

sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I agree Fluff. I'm cutting and pasting the first paragraph that I just put on a post which was replying to Marhsy's post of 1/2 bottle of wine a night. I think it says it the way it should be, IMO anyway!!
      I am thinking the best answer for everyone may be that when responding to a post (other than in the moderate board section or abstinence board section where it is clear what path people are following) others should not even be able to tell if one is moderating, abstaining, or doing research and doesn't have a drinking problem at all but is just reading all of these posts for a homework assignment. :H . Also, any comments putting the other group down should be squashed as one never knows who is reading these posts when posted on "neutral" ground. That would eliminate the mod/vs/ab battles for sure.
      :l
      Eve11

Fluff,
      I am editing this as I do want to add something to clarify the above. IMO it is ok for a writer posting on a moderation site to state that they are abstinent, however moderators need to tread very lightly when replying to neutral posts and especially to abstinence posts because it can possibly jeopardize someone's recovery who is struggling not only one day at a time to not drink...but one minute at a time. And always, people need to treat each other with respect, no name calling, etc. In this online world we are forgetting that we are responding to real people with feelings. We come here for support and this site should make us feel better when we leave and not worse.

We are all here as you stated Fluff with the common denominator of a drinking problem so let's stand united in that and quit being divided.
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks, you two- glad you agree- and we should all be aware that we are all different -but are all here for the same reason-that's why we googled it.
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Well said Fluffy! :h
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

fluff;1392048 wrote: Look - I've seen so many threads with fights starting up. It's ridiculous. If you have a belief -say it but don't demean others and don't demean the person that's writing about it, if you want to moderate than so be it, if you want to stop completely -hats off to you but please quit judging those who are not with you on what you think.
            Thanks fluff and I agree! Lets hope we can all get along and get back to what we're here for

Comment

I'm with you Fluff. :h:h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

me too Fluff!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Eve11;1392061 wrote: IMO it is ok for a writer posting on a moderation site to state that they are abstinent, however moderators need to tread very lightly when replying to neutral posts and especially to abstinence posts because it can possibly jeopardize someone's recovery who is struggling not only one day at a time to not drink...but one minute at a time. And always, people need to treat each other with respect, no name calling, etc. In this online world we are forgetting that we are responding to real people with feelings. We come here for support and this site should make us feel better when we leave and not worse.
                  Eve,

Well said, I totally agree. Thank you for summing it up so succinctly.

And yes, I really do hope we can all get along

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

:crap:Fluff.....many good people have left this site because of other's selfishness.......It's a shame, good people that have been here and have helped so many . That's the way it is......sorry to say.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I agree--- I came here because I thought there were very few judgmental people here. Then I encountered/read a few. Most were worded politely but some of them simply weren't. I hope everyone will read this thread and be more cautious of what they write from now on.
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

I think people should ask themselves, is this conversation going to help someone? Passing negative judgement on methods that don't help you will be divisive, and helps no one. The people using those methods will become defensive. Instead people should post their positive methods that work for them, and let others reach their own conclusion.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Lets kill them w kindness, guys!
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                          X