60 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Days

Today is my 60th day AF. If it werent for my constant feeling of sheer boredom this would now be a walk in the park. I think I am going to have to resort to being a morning person. I am so absolutly mind numbingly bored in the evenings.

60 Days

Congratulations Helix On 60 Days!.... :goodtime:

Comment

60 Days

you go! good job!
      ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

60 Days

take up a new hobby, learn an instrument, fill that gap with something that excites you.

Comment

60 Days

Stopping drinking is just the first step in your new life. Great work on 60 days!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

60 Days

Great news! You may be bored, but you gotta be lovin the AF life

Be very proud of what you have done, it aint easy
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

60 Days

Congrats..helix and well done..honestly it isnt boring..pick a new interest/hobby..dont forget it will seem like you have more time.because you aint wondering where it went when you were half canned..well done you :goodjob:
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

60 Days

Helix;1392444 wrote: Today is my 60th day AF. If it werent for my constant feeling of sheer boredom this would now be a walk in the park. I think I am going to have to resort to being a morning person. I am so absolutly mind numbingly bored in the evenings.
                Firstly congrats on your 60 days!

Funnily I agree with your thoughts. I now go to bed when my daughter does, tend to sit on my iPad BUT I know if I was still up I would be bored as I still get fatigued since quitting. I now get up earlier and my energy levels are much higher in the morning.

Maybe if you make this change and get up and out early you might see the world differently and encounter things and people that you previously wouldn't.

Just a thought, go with the flow........

Comment

60 Days

Thanks guys

Thanks guys. Hopefully sometime I wont feel like some sort of alien that doesnt belong around others when they are drinking. I feel so out of place and uncomfortable around my coworkers and friends now. Even though they are just socially drinking it makes me feel really uncomfortable. Funny thing is nobody used to judge me (as far as I can tell when I drank a lot). People certianly judge now that I quit (although maybe I just notice because I am sober). I keep hearing stuff like "Dude, just balance, thats all you need". Balance my ass! If you only knew how often I woke up on the floor an hour or two late for work.

All my old social activities are on the burner for now. And honestly I don't relate well to people who are intraverted (non drinker types). I guess the years of raging partying and I am used to more of an in your face drinking type atmosphere.

Facebook is a constant reminder of how dull I seem to be getting. Plus I am not used to dealing with being down for long periods of time. I usually used to wash those feelings away with booze! Anyhow at least I can recognize it now and work to do something about it.

For now I will just keep setting goals and fighting. Here is to another 60 days..
                  Helix

Comment

60 Days

Congratulations
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

60 Days

that's awesome Helix.
                      If my beloved husband says one more time..."It's all about the choices you make" as he drinks in front of me , I think I will stab him in the eye with a fork.
                      But you are doing this for YOU and it will start to feel normal......I have become a voracious reader....like I was before I started numbing myself every night
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

60 Days

Congratulations on 60 days Helix!!!

I know evenings can seem boring at first, they were for me too. But now I have lots to do, I cook good/balanced dinners, I got back into crocheting, and I read tons of books. I also pamper myself a lot now...why not? I need to make up for all the damage I was doing!! You'll find something to do...just keep looking.

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                        X