Do you look better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you look better?

Have any of you longer term moderation drinkers seen any improvement in your appearance? i look tired and drawn with bags under my eyes. Looking for inspiration and a motive.

Do you look better?

after a few weeks i looked better - looked worse initially
    one day at a time

Comment

Do you look better?

Thanks bear, I live in hope.

Comment

Do you look better?

No bags, no red eyes . I just feel better all around.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Do you look better?

Hi,
          I too looked worse initially: tired eyes, dry skin, anxious look.

Looked and felt better after a month.
          Enough is enough

Comment

Do you look better?

yes i look better no bags my eyes r white and wide open if u know what i mean, people are noticing something different about me but they can,t quite put there finger on it. I feel alot better as well still having headaches through

Comment

Do you look better?

Yup in the beginning my skin looked horrible-it actually started peeling in places!

Eventually I got that natuarl healthy glow-CoverGirl glow (Ha ha).
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Do you look better?

I looked like crap the first couple of weeks - my skin started to peel as well. After about a month I looked way better/more youthful - no more puffy face, eyes. Eyes are clear and white. Body is not all puffed out.

I have noticed lately (in my 8th week it started) I am breaking out a bit.... kind of weird. I am associating it with the liver cleaning itself out and causing this. I had read that on another site somewhere.

Just note: it gets worse before it gets better (the body is expelling toxins and gunk). In a few weeks you will really notice a huge difference in the way you look.

Comment

Do you look better?

ok I will reply here...

I had some really good success early on with topa...unfortunatly that has waned..but...I will tell you that the early success i was told by people who did not know...that I looked fabulous...

I think the biggest difference was the sleep...I was always tired...hungover....I was drinking late, and getting up early..very...for work. When I started topa I was able to stop drinking, sleep like a baby, and get up with a good nights sleep, every night. So, I think that was what people noticed....I looked sooo refreshed...and felt it too. Unfortunatly, the topa effect didnt last that long...well that isn't really true...just it rid of the physical craving, but I still had the psychological craving...

Opps, the question was...has moderation drinking helped my looks...YES..on topa, with moderation I definately look better...I have been told I look so much better....so I guess the answer is yes...when I truly moderate...

It is kinda like a no brainer...less alcohol....better sleep...less calories...are we gonna look better??? hell yeah!!!!

Beth
                  formerly known as bak310

Comment

Do you look better?

Wow. I'm glad this thread was started.

I've been a little bummed, because my face looks pretty bad. At first I was happy because I looked better initially, only cause I looked like shit for so long. But, my skin seems dryer than ever, and more wrinkles are showing. I have dark circles under my eyes. It's weird, becuase this is the best I've felt in so long. I'm glad to hear that others had the really dry skin and it got better. I thought that was pretty strange. I've actually been putting moisturizer on my face cause it actually burned a bit. Does anybody know what would cause that when one ceases to drink?
                    where does this go?

Comment

Do you look better?

Accountable, I got excited about this thread before I read all your posting. Is it the liver rejuvinating that causes this? Something else I forgot to mention is, despite the fact my skin is very dried and I'm showing some wrinkles, my nose is oily, and I got some smalls pimples on the tip. That is just the best when you have no pimples except for the tip of your nose. :upset: Well, I guess we deserve to go through this for what we put our bodies through. I can't wait until I look fresh again.
                      where does this go?

Comment

Do you look better?

Morrison, I am doing moderation, and just recently went in for some microdemabrasion treatments. I asked the technician about my recent dryness. Because most of the time I am oily. She simply said dry winter weather and lack of moisture in the air. Almost all skin moisturerizers have alcohol (which dries your skin) in them check your label carefully. Peeling isn't such a bad thing I use retin-A to get my skin to peel so you don't have fine wrinkles. Just always remember sunscreen
                        Smiles
                        Mar

Comment

Do you look better?

I think i look better after 3 weeks now. Brfore my skin was blotchy with broken blood vessels, now everythings calmed down (in more ways than one!) and like pinkrabbit said i have a more wide awake look about me, i'm more alert i suppose and that shows on the outside.

Comment

Do you look better?

YES, I feel gorgeous inside ....... therefore obviously gorgeous on the outside!!! No seriously, workmates have asked me if i have changed my make up/hair etc, and NO I haven't I have just been less hungover than what they know as my 'norm' so if they notice then there must be a difference.

Lorna
                            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Do you look better?

Morrison, you are experiencing the dryness and pimples because the liver is cleaning itself out. I had peely skin, still do once in a while - and have experienced a few pimples here and there - even still! Just know when your body is cleaning out the gunk it is expelled through the skin. It will clear up in time. I feel like a teen all over again! LOL!

Drink lots of water! Take Omega 3/6/9. It helps everything within the body and has been proven to help with skin problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X