I almost drank tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost drank tonight

I was in the supermarket, had two wine bottles in my basket and then put them back

im so glad i did, i came so close to blowing it

I wonder if I'll ever be immune to nights like this

still sober, thankfully, but damn, it was a struggle

thanks for listening :l

I almost drank tonight

But you didn't, and the strength to put those bottles back is amazing!!!!

The question from me is what nearly tipped you, if i may ask???? You always seem so stable in your resolve

Comment

I almost drank tonight

Scottie,

I'm amazed by your strength to put the bottles back! I could have never done that once I'd decided I was going to drink. Good job!!! :l

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I almost drank tonight

this will sound mad but i have a cold and had some cough mixture, soon after i wanted a drink, it probably contained a wee drop of ethanol, im not sure, but it almost flipped me!

thanks k9

Comment

I almost drank tonight

It reminds me of what Larsen says in her book, how people who work with some solvents are so at risk from getting small amounts of alcohol and then constantly wanting to drink.

Comment

I almost drank tonight

Im gonna have a night of coughing, and I dont care now! lol

i saved 20 pounds too!

woo hoo!

Comment

I almost drank tonight

Rub Vicks on your feet and put socks on...... Stops coughing a treat, don't know how but it works!

Comment

I almost drank tonight

That is really awesome! Like K9 said, had I had the bottle in my basket there'd be no turning back for me! congrats!!!
                One day at a time, no matter how many times I fail, I will get this monkey off of my back!!! :confusedmonkey:

Comment

I almost drank tonight

Hello Scotty,
                  Putting those bottles back showed great resolve.
                  You must be very happy .

Comment

I almost drank tonight

scottishman;1393085 wrote:
                    I wonder if I'll ever be immune to nights like this
                    Scottishman,

From what I have read, when a person reintroduces alcohol into their system they create the battle of constant craving. I believe truly with time (and no alcohol) that craving goes away. Interesting that a little bit of alcohol (in the cough medicine) was reintroduced which set up the craving cycle.

Good for you that you were able to put those bottles back when you had them in the basket! I just read Sunbeam's post (which she got from Mario...which he got from an online site somewhere) about 101 ways to stay clean and sober. I'll reprint the first 10...go to Monthly abstinence, Sticky Toolbox, post 277 for the rest.

1. Don?t underestimate your disease. Every single person does at first.

2. Take care of yourself spiritually. Be mindful of your connection to your higher power today.

3. Ignore the dismal relapse rates. You are creating your own success.

4. Make a zero tolerance policy with yourself concerning relapse. Don?t even allow your mind to go there.

5. Avoid fundamentalism, even in recovery. Rigid thinking and dogma can undermine your sobriety.

6. You are creating a life of recovery and you are responsible for ALL OF IT. Yes, others can help you. Their ?help? is mere advice. It is up to you to recover.

7. Don?t confuse enthusiasm for action. Figure out what you need to do to stay sober and then do it.

8. Listen to what the relapsing addicts keep preaching. Then do the opposite.

9. Take care of your social network. Reach out to others in a meaningful way.

10. Figure out a way to help other addicts or alcoholics.

:l
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I almost drank tonight

Thanks! great advice

I hope for an easier time tomorrow, but i guess we all have to be ever vigilant, this fu..er is out to kill us

Comment

I almost drank tonight

Good for you! You should be proud. I hope to have the same strength as I head into my new sober life.
                        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                        :h

Comment

I almost drank tonight

:goodjob:
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I almost drank tonight

The only way those bottles would have left my basket is if they fell out and smashed on the floor...

Or my Bank card was declined...

Or there was a terrorist attack..

Just sayin':l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I almost drank tonight

PS :

So You Rock Mr. Scott ! :yougo:
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                              X