Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 16th October

yeah..what DID happen to mr P???
    and can I have liver recipe thingy????
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Panno;1393738 wrote: big hugs to Black Bess JC :l:l but if he fancies sharing his corned beef he's got a friend
      ermmmmmmmm it took quite a lot of corned beef.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I have never, ever, ever used corned beef......
        wouldn't even know how......it amazes me how different we are some days!

Comment

Mb. It's quite different to the corned beef in the US.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Mr P survived...just!!

Liver, sausage & bacon, just fry gently for about 5 min and then toss 2 medium sliced onions in for a further 5 min, sprinkle a good table spoon of flour and cook for a further 2 min, transfer to a casserole dish (or in my case today a slow cooker) add a pint (or just enough to cover) of beef boullioun (spelling) or stock cube, a good pinch of salt, pepper and a tbsp of chopped tyhme or a 3 sprigs if fresh, after an hour add some sliced mushrooms...tastes better the day after !!
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

oops forgot to add its best braised on a slow heat for about 1 hour 30
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

JackieClaire;1393750 wrote: Mb. It's quite different to the corned beef in the US.

I lurv corned beef, I have been known to eat the whole tin before I have buttered my bread :H

Comment

Panno;1393758 wrote: oops forgot to add its best braised on a slow heat for about 1 hour 30
                  Ta

Comment

Panno;1393759 wrote: I lurv corned beef, I have been known to eat the whole tin before I have buttered my bread :H
                    Panno!!!! You're a very naughty girl.

What you doing tomorrow afternoon. All round to mine to watch the footie on the TV.

Bring yer slankets, pop corn and chocklit. Drinks will be provided by who ever can get their backside off the settee and put the kettle on.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

thanks panno!

Comment

Painting, caulking and grouting done, wood floor repaired, all the fittings polished with Flitz, door knobs off for new ones and bog seat set to go to Home Depot to find a replacement. The ruddy bathroom is almost done. Gawd bless us that was a frikken work out. Had no idea how bad it was in there until I started. Roomie has been studiously ignoring the cursing coming from the bathroom for two days.

Comment

Jeez Zen....is someone important coming to visit??

Comment

Mama... I make corned beef a couple of times a year. Just chuck it in the slow cooker (crock pot) with the spice packet that comes with it for an hour and a half or so then add onion, carrots, rutabaga and cabbage and simmer for almost another hour. Serve with spuds. I mix a concoction of English mustard (Colemans) and tomato ketchup together to go with it... bout 3/4 ketchup to 1/4 mustard.

Comment

Zenstyle;1393779 wrote: Mama... I make corned beef a couple of times a year. Just chuck it in the slow cooker (crock pot) with the spice packet that comes with it for an hour and a half or so then add onion, carrots, rutabaga and cabbage and simmer for almost another hour. Serve with spuds. I mix a concoction of English mustard (Colemans) and tomato ketchup together to go with it... bout 3/4 ketchup to 1/4 mustard.
                              I'm pinching that one, thanks

Comment

mama bear;1393776 wrote: Jeez Zen....is someone important coming to visit??
                                Gawd Mama... I was just going to repair the missing grout. WELL. I watched a video on how to do it and realized I needed to remove as much of the old grout as poss and do the entire shower/tub. It's the second bath... you know the set up with that. then i had to caulk certain areas. Ended up painting the frikken base and trim, fixing the wood floor where it was chipped, polishing all the fittings for hours... so on and so forth..... :upset:

It looks pretty damn good. A handyman friend came by and gave it the once over and said I do better work than 90% of the tradespeople here in South Florida. (Not hard to do better than that lot tho...)

Comment

Working...
                                X