In my sadness, a thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father suddenly passed away a month ago. He was healthy and happy, and had a heart attack. He was a big part of my life, and we were very close. As you can imagine, it has been terrible for me and my family.

I wanted to thank all of you, for teaching me so much. You have tought me how to work through the worst thing that has ever happened in my life, and stay sober. I have to be honest, I did think about having a drink, but it took me but a few moments to give my head a shake. I was able to lead my brain, even in that horrible first day, around the urge to drink, and towards where my family needed me to be.

I appreciate so much all you have given me.

Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

I am so sorry Hill...I think you remember me and my story and I know that al does not help with the pain of loss...grieving can be a hard and a slow experience...but also remembering the joy with our love ones is so special...we cannot give into al to erase the memories of that...please look after yourself and stay away from your posion...hugs Rusty
    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father. :l

Comment

Hill - I remember you from the journey thread - I am so sorry for the loss of your dad - I know how hard it is. My heart goes out to you for what you are going through and I send you lots of love and hugs,

sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I am sorry to hear the loss of your father !! But cant wait to turn into happiness that you reigned your devil brain !!!
          Thinking of you ......

BITTER SWEET !!
          Dix
          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Sorry to here about your Father Hill.
            I was close to my Father when he died from a heart attack a good few years ago and like Molly i turned to The bottle as soon as i found out, it still is one of my biggest regrets in life that i couldn't stay off it until he was buried.
            I hope you can take some strength from the fact that you were able to stay strong .
            My thoughts are with you and your family .
            MM
            AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Oh Hill.......
              I have missed you and I am so sorry to see you back under these sad conditions. My thoughs go out to you and your family. Good job an staying away from the drink
              Hugs.......Mama
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hill - my sincere condolences :l

Be very proud of remaining AF, what a beautiful legacy to your Father that you stayed strong.

Like you the MWO-ers have been invaluable in teaching me so much and I wouldn't be the person I am today without this place.

Chill
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Hillside, I'm so sorry to read about your loss. I recently lost my Dad too so understand how difficult it is. Bless you for staying sober for your family and for yourself - to be able to memorialize your Dad with a clear mind.

:l

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hillside...I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dad....no amount of time would have been enough to prepare. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and I hope you find strength and comfort. Love and respect, B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words good friends. As always you help me so much.
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                      X