How come........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come........

How come I can go AF for 1, 2, 5, 10 days without a problem then suddenly.... I wouldnt call them cravings but something that draws me back!!!! I wish I understood... :-(

How come........

I'm in the same boat. I don't know, I don't know if anyone knows. IT SUCKS! And while on that question, why us? why was I chosen to have this and my friends don't? I struggle daily with the same as you, it's not like a craving, but then I just do it and WHAM....here I am again. Hang in there, we will get there, one little step at a time. :h

Comment

How come........

Thanks Struggles.. I really don't get it.. Last year I went 3 months.. then for some stupid reason...... Back on that rollercoaster.. As I said, it is not a craving, more of hey.. I can handle this, one won't hurt & voila.. the cycle continues..

Comment

How come........

You need to learn to tell yourself that one will hurt. I know the feeling completely and I know that you can do this!
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

How come........

ALL of have been there.....done that....and done it again.

I hate to say this....but, until you are truly done....you never will be. I chased my tail for so many years.

Its baby steps.....each day makes a difference.

Comment

How come........

Jeremy78210;1394375 wrote: How come I can go AF for 1, 2, 5, 10 days without a problem then suddenly.... I wouldnt call them cravings but something that draws me back!!!! I wish I understood... :-(
            I reckon it usually follows a strongly emotional day. Not bad emotions in fact, for me, good emotions. A very successful day, event, or strong feelings leads to that 'I want to celebrate' feeling.
            Does that resonate with you at all?

Comment

Working...
            X