Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to be addicted again,any idea ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi fellows,
    Today, I was just thinking to giving up one more addiction ,I just felt overwhelming by happiness.Self esteem went high.
    How does a little change for a good make a big difference .WOW !!.Its because I am sober !!
    The whole life is attitude,there is nothing right and wrong but depends on use .Say alcohol it is widely used as a medicine and it is a killer if we misuse it .
    Today I am looking for another addiction to the cost of all the bad one.The stuff ,I am looking for should be less expensive,widely available,can accommodate with me at all the time not harmful to my health at least ,if not good...
    For example,

Reading books ---could be bore-some !
    Drinking tea and coffee--Caffeine is still not good for mood swings.
    Listening music and audio books---Might not be possible always when I am at work ??
    be meditative , aware,assertive ---Could be right one,available in free of cost and highly effective but not sure if it is always pleasurable ??
    And so on.............
    Its your turn to suggest me a best addiction with your logic why it is best ??.Anyway please do not worry if you can't think of it !!
    Thanks fellows.
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Chewing something like herbs,
    -Ginger
    -Cloves
    -Cardamom
    Should be time taking to consume them .
    Dix

Comment

Dix....I'm glad you're feeling good about you latest accomplishments. You're a real inspiration around here!

Exercise is a good "addiction." Besides helping your body do what it is meant to do - which is MOVE - exercise gives you a great endorphin rush.

Exercise has played a central role in my new sober life. It can be free, too - it can only cost time - time that's well spent!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Turnagain;1394487 wrote: Dix....I'm glad you're feeling good about you latest accomplishments. You're a real inspiration around here!

Exercise is a good "addiction." Besides helping your body do what it is meant to do - which is MOVE - exercise gives you a great endorphin rush.

Exercise has played a central role in my new sober life. It can be free, too - it can only cost time - time that's well spent!
        Hi Tungagain,
        Yes , I am doing well .Still trying to find an effective and romantic way to live in the world without using any toxic substances.
        There is no doubt that exercise does play a vital role for well being and it is a part of healthy living.We could do that as a schedule basis but cant do whenever we want ,it might be at working,driving,travelling or where there is no environment to carry on it .
        I am looking for a specific technique or an addiction( might be a totally new one ) that can be taken place every where and every moments of the life.
        Lets go in depth and find a way out so that it would be helpful for most of us and not for me only. It could seem a cynical idea ,but worthy to try keeping in mind nothing is impossible.
        Best of luck !!!
        Dix

Comment

At the moment ,I don't think there is other option available rather than being aware with sober mind.
          The best addiction now I realized is just to concentrate on my breathing in and out whenever I feel stressed.It really helps to alter our bad thoughts or focus on our good thoughts.
          -A short term observation is to alter our bad thought/mood.
          -A long one observation is to focus on our good thought/mood.
          It is easy to use,free of cost ,available everywhere and every moments and a holistic approach.
          We could say this technique as a means of meditation.
          How do you think of it Bros and Sis ??.Any comments or information here ??
          Dix

Comment

I think a combination of all of the above ones dixon, doing the same thing all the time can just get boring so maybe you could carry a list of all your ideas and use the one that works best in each situation. At work and when driving, maybe have a packet of sweets around? Sugar has a feel good effect on the brain and can be pleasurable. Then at home meditation and reading books is a good idea, I always imagine myself sitting around reading a good book and relaxing and learning something new, I love getting books from the library when I'm interested in doing or learning something new, but so far I don't seem to get around to it much. variety is the spice of life as they say, so I would mix it up a bit and not rely on one thing.

Comment

You might think this sounds odd but my ex husband used to do cross stitching and stuff like that. He found it very relaxing and though it is normally associated with women I admired him for not caring about that.
              The advantage is you can do it in a spare few moments and carry it with you easily, plus you can make really beautiful gifts.
              He made our daughter a lovely piece which is framed in her room.

Comment

drinkingal;1395225 wrote: I think a combination of all of the above ones dixon, doing the same thing all the time can just get boring so maybe you could carry a list of all your ideas and use the one that works best in each situation. At work and when driving, maybe have a packet of sweets around? Sugar has a feel good effect on the brain and can be pleasurable. Then at home meditation and reading books is a good idea, I always imagine myself sitting around reading a good book and relaxing and learning something new, I love getting books from the library when I'm interested in doing or learning something new, but so far I don't seem to get around to it much. variety is the spice of life as they say, so I would mix it up a bit and not rely on one thing.
                Hi ??..Drinkingal,
                I think you are not drinking Al but drinking some kinds of fuel to fight against AL !! Kidding.

Your idea about the combination of different stuffs looks sound to me.But I am a little bit confuse a sweet plays a vital role for mood swings so don't know what amounts of sweets should we need a day ? if consume high or less would be fatal.
                Some people/dietitian say that we get sufficient sugar from fruits ,juice ,our dairy products ,snacks and food so no extra sweets are recommended if taken would be devastating. Any more idea ??
                Thanks
                Dix

Comment

kuya;1395234 wrote: You might think this sounds odd but my ex husband used to do cross stitching and stuff like that. He found it very relaxing and though it is normally associated with women I admired him for not caring about that.
                  The advantage is you can do it in a spare few moments and carry it with you easily, plus you can make really beautiful gifts.
                  He made our daughter a lovely piece which is framed in her room.
                  Yes, I agree with you it depends on person to person .Its complicated to advise someone here.
                  Your Idea to create a handcraft is a dashing idea for me.
                  Dix

Comment

Hi dixon, you are right, lots of sugar is not good for us and our bodies don't need it, but a little bit of sugar like a sweet can give a good feeling to the brain. it's better than alcohol though if you need that lift in your mood. I think we can allow ourselves a bit of that to feel good and perk ourselves up, we can't be too strict!

Comment

drinkingal;1395655 wrote: Hi dixon, you are right, lots of sugar is not good for us and our bodies don't need it, but a little bit of sugar like a sweet can give a good feeling to the brain. it's better than alcohol though if you need that lift in your mood. I think we can allow ourselves a bit of that to feel good and perk ourselves up, we can't be too strict!
                      DG,
                      Well said !
                      Dix

Comment

Well Dixon,

I do miss my Dopamine high sometimes. Unfortunately, being the alkie I am, it often turned into a blubbering depressive state of crap. As one drink was not enough.

I'm now finding new things to become addicted to. Tho I'd prefer a better choice of words. What can we brainstorm & come up with?

Anyways, I love # 55 Gelish ~ Shelac White Sparkly Polish. However, I'm now bored as summer is over & I'm thinking of fall colors. Tho I do luv red's.

I'm also bored with my walking & beginners Yoga DVD. I'm going to order Zumba Dancing DVD set. It's Latin dance your way to better physical health. Please know I did just read they had some prostitution ring bust, back east in the US. I don't support this!...

I just know somebody who lost 20lbs from doing Zumba Dance, felt happy releases of Dopamine & got their groove back. Sounds good to me. Mr. Wilde approved.

Comment

Wildflowers;1397724 wrote: Well Dixon,

I do miss my Dopamine high sometimes. Unfortunately, being the alkie I am, it often turned into a blubbering depressive state of crap. As one drink was not enough.

I'm now finding new things to become addicted to. Tho I'd prefer a better choice of words. What can we brainstorm & come up with?

Anyways, I love # 55 Gelish ~ Shelac White Sparkly Polish. However, I'm now bored as summer is over & I'm thinking of fall colors. Tho I do luv red's.

I'm also bored with my walking & beginners Yoga DVD. I'm going to order Zumba Dancing DVD set. It's Latin dance your way to better physical health. Please know I did just read they had some prostitution ring bust, back east in the US. I don't support this!...

I just know somebody who lost 20lbs from doing Zumba Dance, felt happy releases of Dopamine & got their groove back. Sounds good to me. Mr. Wilde approved.
                          Well done Windflowers!
                          I also love dancing own my way ,it's far better to relaxing rather than an acting.Acting is just to show other and it is more commercial but dancing own our way is more emotional fulfilment.
                          What we need at the moment is emotional satisfaction.so I also do it .
                          In addition,
                          I am used to on closing my eyes and take long breathing ,some times quickly other time very slowly. I enjoy it wherever I am.
                          Dix

Comment

I'm experimenting with exotic teas. I've found a lovely tea store. The ritual of brewing and inhaling the glorious scent of tea is calming and meditative. I recently bought a stunning peach tea that is made by brewing a flower pod that opens and releases itself in the hot water. It's stunning.
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

That's cool I love teas too. My 1st born & I have gone into a tea house & it was so lovely. It was on our bucket list. I have a variety I've been experimenting with as all 3 kids (one is BF like my son) & they are very into calming teas. Found a pure Darjeeling organic from India. The aromatherapy is delightful & soothing just like you say. Then some decaffeinated ones late at night. I haven't brewed a flower pod that opens & this sounds wonderful! I luv ~ luv peaches!!! I will look for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X