Back to Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Work

Oh my god I am in the office - it feels weird. I feel really disconnected and detached, like i'm not really here - v strange indeed.

I guess it will wear off with time...hope so!

Anyway, at least I am here at last. I think i'm still having some withdrawal from my old meds but they are being kept to a minimum by the new meds. In fact, probably have side effects from going onto those as well. Hence the disassociation!!

Well it's been 3 weeks since i've had a drink, and I could not think of anything worse right now, so something must have flicked a switch. I've heard the mood stabliser i'm taking (which infuences gaba receptors - gabapentin) is also used sometimes to assist in abstinence - who knows?

It always feels like the chicken and egg thing with me - what influenced what - depression and/or alcohol.

All I know now for sure is not a good mix

Cheers

Cashy
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Back to Work

Hi Cashy,
    Work always is a bit strange when you've been away from it for a while.
    3 weeks AF. Fantastic!
    Catch you soon.

Comment

Back to Work

Oh my god Cashy, that is awesome! You sound really good!

I was thinking about you this morning, on your first day back but couldn't remember your username so I'm pleased to see your post.

Brilliant news about the switch being flicked. Keep it up girl.

DooDoo
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Back to Work

Great to see you back, Cashy! 3 weeks is brilliant.

Comment

Back to Work

Thanks all....still here at lunchtime - so far so good

3 weeks AF seems like a doddle at the moment with all the other things in my life. I think it will get harder again when the dust settles - must maintain a sense of vigilance! It would be so easy to drop back into my old life and I just don't want to do that - ever.

Love to all

cashy

Comment

Back to Work

Hi Cash, I've been thinking about you. You will do great. Lottsa luck.:h
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Back to Work

Hi Cash,
              wishing you well.....

Comment

Back to Work

Hi,

I just wanted to say stay strong in spirit and in mind. Think about how much you improved your self-esteem for making it through three weeks of AF. Be proud of yourself and look forward to the rest of your life without achohol rearing its ugly head

Congrats!

Julie

Comment

Back to Work

Thanks Kate mate!

I am going to get better, and there's no looking back now - I am sick of being sick!

Cheers

Cashy
                  xxxx

Comment

Back to Work

Well done Cashy...

Been thinking of you... glad your doing well

Cheers

Wattle
                    Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

Back to Work

Big pat on the back to you Cashy for getting yourself back to work this morning, day one is OVER. AF MEGA, repect to you.

Lorna
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Back to Work

You are definately on the road i want to be on! i lost my job 3 wks ago, no prizes for guessing what lead to that happening! Anyway, all the best to you and welldone, B

Comment

Working...
                        X