How do you deal with grief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dove, so sorry that you are going through this. Our loyal little mate died last Oct, he was 14 yrs & 9 months old, our dear old poodle....

We had him cremated and returned to us in a niche box with a lovely plaque, we are going to put him in a pot with a lovely plant in it, in the meantime he is still in our kitchen cupboard!! LOL I had 100'a of photos of him and made up an album. You have to cry, let it out, talk to people, let people know how you are feeling. Dogs/pets are a big part of your life. We got another little poodle in December, not to replace the other one, but to make a new start. She was meant to come to us & has bought some much love & laughs already. It gave us time to grieve for our loss & look forward to receiving Maggy into our family as herself. I hope this helps, take care.
    :rolleyesmonkey: Tahlula :rolleyesmonkey:
    Trim the tree to let in the sunshine...

Comment

For Dove and everyone else,
      These beautiful pets we have and love so much are with us for such a short time, and they are such loving faithful companions. I have grieved for the cats and dogs I have had put to sleep, for the one that was caught in a rabbit trap, and the other which was run over by a car.
      We all have the responsibility for the care and welfare of our pets, and do do the very best for them. And in return they love us unconditionally, as no human can.
      It is a relief in a very sad way that we are able to to do this one last thing for them to put them out of their pain and unhappiness.
      I haven't had a pet since I had my last pet put down. That was 5 years ago. Like St Jude, I still cry when I think back on it. But isn't it wonderful that we do have these qualities, and do care for our pets so much.

Probably will take myself to the animal shelter again one day as there are so many animals at RSPCA shelters that through no fault of their own have wound up unwanted and unloved.....
      This probably isn't consoling you at all, sorry.
      Rags

Comment

Rags That was lovely. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X