Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alcoholics who hid/hide their drinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am one of those...i drank wine from a box in the end (there are the equivalent of 4 bottles in a box), and got a new box every other day...i hid my drinking from my husband for 10 years because i told hiom early on that i was an alcoholic, so i didn't want him to worry about me or even know that i was drinking at all. i hid it from my kid, friends, family, my dogs, the mailman...everyone but the liquor store cashiers were in the dark about the amount i drank...sometimes i feel like that is the sickest thing i did. such deception and ALWAYS lying. not outright, but by omission. i need that freedom from LYING to everyone now. it's almost more important to me than never drinking again...ok, not more important, because without drinking, i will not have to worry about it.

anyway, just had to get that out...
    10-06-2012

lying was the worst part for me Betty......I came darn close to losing everything......that is my motivation for staying sober....I started out doing it for my family, and now, almost 6 months later...it's for me. YOU CAN DO IT
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

thanks mama! i'm not a natural born liar, so when i realized that that is what i had become, it broke my heart...i love my family more than alcohol, as well!

10-06-2012

Comment

Hey Betty

I can relate! I could make up the most outrageous stories to cover up drunken nonsense.
        Here's a good one-(not good but you know what I mean)-I had to go to work a couple of days at a university hospital in the midwest. The cardiologist took me to dinner with a colleague and the doc's gf. Of course after dinner they left but NO not me I found some unicersity boys to hang out with until ALL HOURS of the damn night. My flight was 6 a.m which I did not make, so I had to call my boss with a bullshit story about why I had to expense a ticket change and another night at the hotel etc. Really awful.
        That's only one of many and it's sad and ridiculous.

Comment

But that IS alcohol Ann, one is too many, a hundred not enough! Eh?

Comment

Hey Kuya

YES! It certainly is! Good lord-I was out with kids young enough to be MY kids for crying out loud! Just absurd!

Comment

Oh, I had some excuses!!! I'd have wine at noon at a restaurant saying I was celebrating my wedding anniversary w husband when we just wanting to drink at noon!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Outsiders looking in would have thought I was a nondrinker...I'd be at functions and not have anything...but I'd be planning how many I was going to have at home. It was weird how I was fine not drinking ANYWHERE but home. I was a closet smoker too. Boy did it get tiring covering everything up. My parents have access to my house, and my dad mows my lawn, and I'd never know when he was coming, so every morning I had to make sure my empty cans were buried in the trash can and my cigarette butts were gone. I wouldn't have wanted them to stumble upon the truth.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Ann Carolina;1397856 wrote: YES! It certainly is! Good lord-I was out with kids young enough to be MY kids for crying out loud! Just absurd!
                  The teenage boys in my neighborhood just LOVE me. 'Nuff said. *Cringe*

Comment

LOL K9!

You are so funny and such an inspiration. Glad to "know" you here!

Here's another story-at a huge company function out of town I got so drunk and was such a mess the next day that I made up an outlandish story to go get on a plane and come home. It was trult terrible, and then of course that lie spread to more lies to back it up ETC ETC.
                    Such a shit way to live. I love not having all the garbage floating around. Remember Charlie Brown's friend Pigpen with the debris following him around? That's how I felt, and now I'm walking with clarity and my head held high.
                    You just can't beat it

Comment

K9Lover;1398122 wrote: The teenage boys in my neighborhood just LOVE me. 'Nuff said. *Cringe*
                      we middle agers think you're kinda cool too :H

Comment

is Niner talking about wandering the neighborhood in her pj's again???
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1398179 wrote: is Niner talking about wandering the neighborhood in her pj's again???
                          EXCUSE ME! I was wearing my yoga pants with the hole in the left ass cheek...thank you very much!

I ONLY wear my pajamas to the liquor store and Walmart!

Comment

Hey Mama

Speaking of wandering around scantily clad--my boss has a partner who is a big drinker. (Two women) The partner came home one evening about 7:30, in a nice residential neighborhood wearing a Tshirt. No pants , no undies, and had been dropped off by someone ???? She did not know who or where the clothes had gone.
                            My only comment was that when I was drunk enough to take off my pants I usually passed out at that location.
                            Kinda funny but NOT. It is truly amazing how much drinking is accepted and encouraged.

Comment

LOL Ann...yeah, once my pants came off my night was pretty much over. (I think????) I like to do all my wandering pre-pant removal.

Comment

Working...
                              X