just can't do it alone. it is time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know of a clinic in Reno NV that is good? I'm at my limit and not doing so well. thank you all so much. I hate the thought of giving up the wine but realize it's truly my survival at stake.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Hi Determinator - wish I could help with the clinic, but can't be of much use from over here. Really feel for what you're going through right now and hope that you can find the support you need over there to help get you through this dark patch - and believe me, you will get through it and we're here to help every step of the way.
    Take care of yourself but certainly lean on as many people - professionals/friends/family - as it takes to get you moving forward again.
    :l Hang in there...
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

clinging to you Ariel. thank you
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

I've done my life-saving award, so we'll swim together - be on that beach high and dry in no time!
        :h
        :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
        Goals:
        Days 1-7 DONE
        Days 8-14 DONE
        Days 15-21 DONE
        30 days DONE
        60 days
        100 days

Comment

Roger that! I'm going to find an outpatient clinic today and get myself in there.
          swimming.....

xoxo
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

D, you do what you need to do get yourself healthy, but I hope you will still keep coming around here. I hope you find what you need to help you!! Lots of love your way!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi D, why don't you try 'googling' for a rehab facility/alcohol detox in Reno? Or could your med. doc. refer you? Sometimes it just takes a little help from the outside to get us on track. Let us know what you find out - K? We are all routing for you!

Comment

Lush, and Accountable, you better just get used to me because I'm here to stay! and I'm moving over the the long term abstainers section to boot. so there!!! love you all. I'm getting some help from a local GP that can provide some pharmys that I unfortunately need at this time.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Your enthusiasm and the wonderfulness about you is pretty darn cool D! You are hilarious to boot. If posting in the LTA's will give you more incentive - then post away!!! We love you too, and you just keep hanging on, because you know you are worth it!!

Comment

why thank you "accountable" you are just devine yourself BTW. interesting that andy W is on your tagline. when I lived in HI I worked as a live-in house keeper for the wife of Paul Mitchel (the hair products guy). he was dead of disease by that time since it was the late 90's. anyway his wife who's name is Milly had a nice Warhol charkoal with two fishes on it, and it was just so neat. whenever I vacuumed the room I'd look at it and wonder of the conversations they must have had. she was a very pretty black woman and she sang professionaly in English as well as French. she was mostly away singing in Europe but showed up here and there.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I am sure they must of had some pretty neat conversations.

I must be right out of the loop - I had no idea that Paul Mitchell is dead. I used his products religiously in the 90's. (When I had money LOL!). It must of been an interesting job being a housekeeper to his wife.

The tagline seemed fitting for me. I often here 'give it time and things will change". Well actually the opposite is true for me. One of the hardest things I have had to learn in my life is to accept responsibility for my actions. I always thought time healed all wounds or would make things better. It wasn't until I actually did something about it - they healed or things changed.

Comment

yes, and true enough for me as well. Paul died some time ago from AIDS and left his wife there in Kokohead HI with the nice house and also a young teenage son I just recalled. and also some really bizarre artwork too. REEEEELY wierd. anyhow, back to reality. feeling really dog -butt-like at the very moment. not to feel sorry for myself, but really I do. just can't help it I'm afraid.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dog-butt-like. You have a way with words! It is so rough coming off of the alcohol. I was a binge drinker - actually I should say I am a binge drinker... I am far from healed! I remember countless times I thought I was going to just die after coming off of it. Man, I sure don't miss the feeling. I completely empathise with you. Keep ingesting fluids, and eat if you can. They honestly should make alcohol illegal. With all of the problems people have with it, and how sick it makes a person really. BUT then the government wouldn't make so much darn money off of it... like smoking. A catch 22.

Comment

Yup~just like Acct. I am a HUGE binge drinker. After a binge I thought I'd die sometimes from the withdrawal b/c I ingested soo much alcohol in soo little time that my body went into shock.

Don't be nervous. I'm sooo proud of you. I did outpatient a few yrs ago. It helped but I didn't continue with the after care (meetings re:relapse prevention b/c my insurance ran out).

Every step forward is a huge accomplishment unto itself. Be proud of yourself.
                            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Determinator- Sounds like you are making a good decision to get some help. Alcohol can really make you seriously ill and it sounds like you are really feeling lousy. Hope you are feeling some relief soon. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Take Care! Aquamarine
                              NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X