I'm going in to detox in the morning. miss U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow...just caught up on this thread...(I am always a little slow.... You are a wonderful wife!!! I hope, and it sounds, like your husband is doing well, and I am so glad to hear it. He is in good hands, theirs, and yours...

Just sending my best to your both!!

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

This is Determinator's wife - Determinatrix. The doctor's are releasing Husband this morning and he will get to come home! I have been given lots of advice for Those With Good Intentions - that I should throw out all the alcohol in the house; drive him from detox straight to an AA meeting, etc. I gave up thinking I had any control many years ago,
      learning that the only way I could possibly influence him was to be his friend and have him trust me. My poor heart cannot afford to have it any other way. Anyone have any quick thoughts on how I can inspire him towards rehab and help him begin a new lifestyle? I am sure he is looking forward to sharing with you all once again.
      Allie - I saw him smile for the first time - his eyes, not just his face - with a whole crapful of teeth! Thank you.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Determinatrix
        So glad to hear that he's coming home and it sounds like you already have the perfect mindframe. Just to support and be his friend. You are a good person.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hi Determinatrix and Hubby,

Great to have you back. Welcome back. Listen Determinator, your wife has been an incredible Sheila, you know that? So don't let your down. (Sorry, mate, had to give you a nice kick up the butt as a welcome, ha, ha). No, really, welcome back. I'm sure you guys have loads of issues to talk about. Moderation or not, etc. I think for the time being, why not take it easy? But of course not too easy.
          Paddy
          Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

You make me cry this morning Determinatrix......I so hope we all smile with a crapful of teeth too, but mostly...see it in our EYES.....there used to be a smile in there...somewhere. He loves you deeply and obviously you love him as well. I wish you both so much happiness and love. Give him a big Ol' kiss and hug from all of us....

Comment

Hi D and Dx..

I do think it is better not to have any alcohol in the house... That way nobody has to decide...to drink or not....It just is NOT!
              It would be a waste of good detox days if it went right back where it was..
              Please go slow and give it some time to really sink in...that good clear feeling that is...

XOXO to both of you!
              :l Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Determinator here! thanks a million and a half you guys and gals, I'll start a new thread and fill you in on the details.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mr and Mrs. D, I am so glad to hear D is coming home. And we can hardly wait to have him back here on the boards. I have not cooked a meal since he went to rehab in his honor and I am starving!!!! Be well both of you........
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                  X