i'm scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm scared

i'm on tompa., camp, kuzdu an the other sups. and my drinking is getting worse and i can't figure out way any advice bellaboo

i'm scared

Hi Bellaboo,

Congrats on all your efforts and I'm sure you'll start reaping the benefits soon! - I'm still waiting for my 'tools' to arrive so I can't give any personal feedback - all I can suggest is that it takes time - what is clear from the postings here is that there are no quick fixes, so maybe don't expect too much too quickly - keep with it and hopefully things will start falling into place - a lot of people swear by the hypno tapes - maybe this is something to look into too??

You've obviously got the motivation and the determination, and you've taken the first step in the right direction. Things I've read from other threads are: have a special glass for your special non-alcoholic drink; take it a moment at a time (not even a day); find something to change the climate - eg if you know drinking hour sets in at a certain time, try and be away from it at that point - do something physical or social to keep your mind off it; buddy up with someone so you can track each other's progress (maybe a little extra motivation from this??); keep logging on here - a very positive way to spend time that could otherwise be spent drinking!

Hang in there, keep positive and you'll find what works for you eventually - where there's a will, there's a way!

Take care,
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

i'm scared

i find it helps if you go to a large supermarket,during the hardest hours,not only does it pass the time ,but seeing all the people going about their normal buisness,makes you realize that its not normal to be at home out of your head.

Comment

i'm scared

It's hard

Hi,

Since I've been here I've had so much support. but I feel like I'm letting the side down, had good days, even a good week, but stress and other excuses let me down.

I'm not giving up, and I urge you to do the same, some days are diamonds, some days are absolute f@##$$ING SHIT!!!,

but we are all here with the same goal in mind, fall down 7, get up 8,

I'm sending my love and best wishes, please do the same for me...

Jasmin xx
        :thanks: :h

Comment

i'm scared

Hi Bellaboo,
          My first alcohol free weekend, I really thought I couldn't do it.
          It is scary.
          Waking up the next day though, without all the self-loathing and hurt, is an amazing feeling.
          I have by no means reached my ultimate target, but every day that I can stay sober is another plus. If I can manage two days n a row, even better. It's a long haul, a life- changing quest that I am on. I have drank too excess a few times since trying to get it under control, and I may do again, but I'm in a better place now than I used to be.
          Every day brings it's challenges. Controlling my drinking is a big one, but not the only one.
          I can only live today. I can't change yesterday and I can't predict the future. It's corny but true ,for me, It's one day at a time.
          I wish you nothing but good things.

Jasmin,
          You're not letting anyone down.
          You're not giving up. That's all anyone can do.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
          X