Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Noob

Hi all,

I am on day 3, for the umpteenth time. I am young, but have had this problem for a long time. Alcohol, has been a feature of my life for many years, from the simple drink after work, building up to the point where I would drink before work. I hate every minute of it, yet I feel its call so strongly and give in too often.

I feel I am a warning to others, don't give in, never give in. I have lost a job from my drinking and almost lost the one I love most. I struggle with people and always have. Alcohol for me has always been the way I could break the ice. But it became too much, and I needed it to interact with people in any way at all. I am starting out on the AF journey now, and it is bloody hard, but it is worth it. It is the only thing that will save my marriage, and me as well. But I struggle everyday with the cravings, and the needs. I like to think I am stronger than it, but only time will tell. If I am not, I think I will truly be lost, but if I am, I think there is a bright future ahead for me. I hope I am stronger, but we shall see.

Love and light,
    K

Another Noob

Welcome, another one/k

We are all struggling here and I'm sorry you lost your job before. But a new beginning will be good for you. Join us by going to just starting site and click on newbies nest. Lots of us are sharing experiences and give encouragements Ro each other!

Good luck today on your way to recovery!!!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Another Noob

Thanks alcohlic. Its nice to feel a bit of validation. It has been a bit rough recently, but I am getting there. These hiccups are getting better. I am tripping less often. But it isn't easy.

Comment

Another Noob

Hey Another one!! Alco is so right, I hope you will join us over in the Newbie's Nest...we have folks in ALL stages of their quits! You will be in great company! Just find my name above with the dot beside it, left click and you will see Find all posts by Byrdlady, when you do, you'll see the Newbie's Nest. In my signature line, please see the link to the Tool Box. There are 100's of tips and coping skills to help you get thru these first days!! You have landed in the best possible place if you are serious about getting some help!! This place saves lives, and I'm one of them! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Another Noob

:welcome: AnotherOne,

I like your attitude of never giving up or in to the beast alcohol ~ addiction. This is half the battle won! There is always hope. Your story is familar to many people. It's not to late to get your life back!!!... Alcohol has a way of masking who we really are. It can take many months after to discover our true selves for some.

Thankfully, you can see you haven't lost everything yet!!!!... Like you, your marriage. I'd rather lose a job, than my life or my marriage. With time there will be a new job hun. But, our lives & close relationships are more important!!!!........

As for cravings, L- Glutamate, Kudso, & there are some Rx's that can help. You can get them at your local store, or at this sites store. But, just please know it's normal for a while. Not sure if this is you first quit? Try to drink plenty of water with fresh sqzd lemon. Yes, there is a bright future ahead for you!!! I'm 5 months sober now. Last Holidays a shambles!.. Now pretty darn good most days.

Every one here is very nice & helpful, but like a big family we get into some squabbles once in a while & have our differences just like in real life. Just ignore us & laugh it off. Lots of us are woman. hahaha. There's a thread called Newbies Nest under just starting out & they are super helpful over there. Somebody can post link to our Tool Box for you. It has very helpful tips & info. Very glad your here, you can get sober & have a healthier & happier life like many of us have! :l

Take Good Care :h

Wildflowers

Comment

Another Noob

AnotherOne;1399347 wrote: Thanks alcohlic. Its nice to feel a bit of validation. It has been a bit rough recently, but I am getting there. These hiccups are getting better. I am tripping less often. But it isn't easy.
            I am in the exact same boat- same story entirely.

Feel free to message me if you like.

Comment

Working...
            X