L Glutamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L Glutamine

Can someone help me with the benefits of Glutamine?
    :new:

L Glutamine

Here is an article from Livestrong.

Eve11 has a thread on this subject: Why L-Glutamine works!

I do know that it helped me. I haven't been taking it for awhile and I am planning on getting some more. I had the powder type that I would mix with juice or water. It definitely helped reduce cravings.

Hope this helps.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

L Glutamine

I bought some last week, and forgot I had it! (dope slap against the head) It might have helped me get through yesterday without drinking!

I have 500 mg tablets. How many should I take a day? Do I take it everyday to keep it in my system, or just when cravings hit?

Thanks for any help.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

L Glutamine

Hi RR,

Try to find the micronized powder. More concentrated and can be mixed with anything (no taste).

I used to keep the capsules just for emergencies. You can crack one open and put 1/2 under your tongue to help fix cravings fast.

After the bad cravings have past it is still great as it curbs carb cravings.

CT
        AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

L Glutamine

I believe it also reduces sugar cravings in general. I bought a big a**ed jug of it. I hope I get my money's worth. The one I bought seems to have a slight aftertaste of artificial sweetener or something.

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

L Glutamine

LG - it really does help me with the carb and sugar thing - very handy for losing weight too
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

L Glutamine

Roadrunner I have found that if I take it three to four times a day - the powdered form - about a heaped tsp, in an inch of water, it really does make a difference in the cravings. The capsules didn't do anything for me. The powder that I get, from a body builder place, is tasteless and mixes with water easily. Hope this helps. PM me if you want/need any more info,

Sun
              How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
              X