Hurricane Sandy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Sandy!

Hey guys - just checking in from the states. Hurricane Sandy is headed directly for Philadelphia, so we have battened down the hatches and are just waiting. Schools are closed, my office is closed and it's a full moon to boot. I have our emergency preparedness kit ready and for the first time there are no boxes of wine or beer THANK GOD! :H I don't look forward to the crazyness but we are all ready with the board games, selter water, juice for the kids and lots of candles and batteries. Say a special prayer/good thought to those in the low lying urban areas that flood and the suburbs as well - they have alot of shallow root trees. Hope all will be well and this passes quickly.

Thinking of all of you and will check in once this wanker passes.

Smoochies

Waggs
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Hurricane Sandy!

My thoughts and prayers are with you xxxx keep safe xxxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

hope you all stay safe....take care
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Hi Wagoneer. I was thinking today about MWO'ers who might be in Sandy's path and wishing everyone SAFETY through whatever comes. Good to hear you are ready for whatever happens!

Thoughts and prayers to all...

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Wagoneer;1401163 wrote: Hey guys - just checking in from the states. Hurricane Sandy is headed directly for Philadelphia, so we have battened down the hatches and are just waiting. Schools are closed, my office is closed and it's a full moon to boot. I have our emergency preparedness kit ready and for the first time there are no boxes of wine or beer THANK GOD! :H I don't look forward to the crazyness but we are all ready with the board games, selter water, juice for the kids and lots of candles and batteries. Say a special prayer/good thought to those in the low lying urban areas that flood and the suburbs as well - they have alot of shallow root trees. Hope all will be well and this passes quickly.

Thinking of all of you and will check in once this wanker passes.

Smoochies

Waggs
          We've been watching the news Waggy. I've thought of MWO folks too. My MIL is in Manhattan & last I knew winds & rain were picking up. Was able to speak to her a little bit ago. So, happy to be sober!

I'm so happy you are sober & prepared!!!... Taking care of your precious family!!!...:h

Prayers ~ positive energy for you and all to be safe!!! May this double storm dissolve quickly!!!...

Smoocheroonies :l

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Stay safe................
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

It seems like there are three other storm systems expected to join Sandy by the time it reaches us. They were talking about a possible blizzard with up to 2 feet of snow, but I think it will be too warm here for that. The highest winds will hit us tomorrow night, I think up to 6 inches of rain. The rain systems will potentially just sit on us for a few days. We have a gas fireplace, so at least we will be warm enough.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Thinking of you all and praying you stay safe.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

My mom and sister have been evacuated and are at a hotel in Danbury, CT. I'll be riveted to the weather channel.
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Thanks y'all. It's nice to know you're thinking about us. ~nurdl
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Good luck and be safe x

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

I'm tucked into the southeastern corner of Pennsylvania. I only have a 1/4 mile walk into Maryland, a 5 minute drive into Delaware & the hurricane is definitely coming this way!

I have Stella & the girls tucked into their coop with plenty of feed & H20 - hope they don't bitch each other to death in there :H

Awaiting 8-10" of rain & wind gusts 60-80 mph - Yikes!!!!!
                        I just hope the pwer stays on as long as possible

Good luck everyone!!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Waggs and East Coasters...Sandy just left us. It's been a long 2 days, my heart goes out to everyone and I will pray for the safety of all. B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Be safe everyone....glued to news casts and praying for you all...PPQ

Comment

Hurricane Sandy!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you; take care.

Comment

Working...
                              X