THE BOARDS ARE A SORRY MESS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont usually post these days but I have been here a long time and I 'lurk' mainly. But I am really disturbed by the state of the boards. A lot of the threads and posts are abusive, unsupportive and nasty. How will this help anyone?
    These awful, juvenile threads are by new members.
    Talk about off-putting for new people who come here and see this mess.
    If we cant be supportive and constructive dont post perhaps?
    Posting drunk is one thing but the language and abuse is out of control!
    I do not need to name names as you know dam well who you are.
    Dont pollute the nice environment we had here. Have some respect for everyone else please.
    Pink.
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Pink Angel;1401313 wrote: I dont usually post these days but I have been here a long time and I 'lurk' mainly. But I am really disturbed by the state of the boards. A lot of the threads and posts are abusive, unsupportive and nasty. How will this help anyone?
    These awful, juvenile threads are by new members.
    Talk about off-putting for new people who come here and see this mess.
    If we cant be supportive and constructive dont post perhaps?
    Posting drunk is one thing but the language and abuse is out of control!
    I do not need to name names as you know dam well who you are.
    Dont pollute the nice environment we had here. Have some respect for everyone else please.
    Pink.
    I assume you are talking about sweetlipsuk.I read her as a desperate if inarticulate(we all dont have a college education)person with a drink problem looking for help.Because her posting style seemed to grate on people I feel it was she who was met with abusive,unsupportive and nasty posts including questioning her mental health.many of these from senior members.It got so bad that the thread was removed and rightly so.do you really feel dragging it up again is helping.
    ps I you dont want help someone dont bother,just continue looking around the site for someone else to judge and have the courage to use there name rather than insinuate.
    Patrick
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Patrick;1401330 wrote: I assume you are talking about sweetlipsuk.I read her as a desperate if inarticulate(we all dont have a college education)person with a drink problem looking for help.Because her posting style seemed to grate on people I feel it was she who was met with abusive,unsupportive and nasty posts including questioning her mental health.many of these from senior members.It got so bad that the thread was removed and rightly so.do you really feel dragging it up again is helping.
      ps I you dont want help someone dont bother,just continue looking around the site for someone else to judge and have the courage to use there name rather than insinuate.
      Patrick
      put a cork in it!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I can't even follow this thread. Woah ...
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Forget it! Im done here. This site has turned to shit. Sorry for caring!!
          Patrick, pull your head in.
          HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

im with you pink! nobody was making fun of her typing or education,when she first came on she was kinda fun,then she started picking fights with another member,posting some out there stuff obviosly drunk,threatening to leave then come back all apologies the next day,it was just odd,and people were supportive of her anyways.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Patrick, pull your head in.

No! Not when I see vulnerable people who are looking for help being bullied off the site because they dont fit into some peoples definition (middle class,college educated,articulate)of what an alcoholic should be.

ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING
              EDMUND BURKE

Comment

[QUOTE=paulywogg;1401801]im with you pink! nobody was making fun of her typing or education,when she first came on she was kinda fun,then she started picking fights with another member,posting some out there stuff obviosly drunk,threatening to leave then come back all apologies the next day,it was just odd,and people were supportive of her anyways.[/QUOTE

OH NO a drunk person posting HERE ,whatever next,and some were supportive of course I,m talking about the snide vindictive comments by a snotty few that were so bad they had to delete the whole thread.

Am I the only one who saw that?

Comment

Pink Angel;1401768 wrote: Forget it! Im done here. This site has turned to shit. Sorry for caring!!
                  SO THERE IS A GOD! :H:H:H:H

Comment

YAWN
                    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

Comment

A little bit sad about all this

I came here a little over a year ago and got started on a wonderful sober path, thanks to the wonderful people here.
                      I was amazed at the all-around kindness and support. Now-not so much. I could be wrong but there just seems to have been a deterioration of the dialogue.

I will never leave, and I would not have had as much success as Ive had without this place. Not prefect but better than ever before.

I think everyone basically needs kindness, support, understanding, and compassion.

I have found all that here. I just hate to see the negativity.

Comment

hi ann,thats what we all want,just the kindness and support to help us through this al mess,ive never had anybody be mean to me here,i think all that mess was just too much going on at once,take care.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Patrick;1401802 wrote:
                          ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING
                          EDMUND BURKE
                          Patrick - with all due respect ... that quote works both ways.

We should also protect our legitimate members from vexatious mischief-makers.

Comment

I have not been around for a couple of months and all this discourse seems strange to me cause I have never seen anything mean or unsupportive to anyone... but i have not been around.... Patrick, I did click on your link on how to get alcohol free in 6 minutes... loved it.. Bob Newhart is the best

Comment

Working...
                            X