Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 29th October

Good morning, Army

Another week starts... Ugh. Didn't really feel up to it when the alarm went off this morning.

I also need to get a tree surgeon out - 2/3ds of our plum tree broke off from the main trunk and is now leaning on and against the roof and gutters. It seems to have been somewhat diseased - the inside of the trunk is brittle, you can break off chunks with your fingers.

Anyhoo... good luck for the week, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Helloooo!

Apologies in advance for my absence the last two days. I got caught up in all kinds of home improvement stuff this weekend. Did a straight day painting on Saturday and it's been a long time since I did that... I still gotz it! (I dig the whole DIY thing...) And today I was on screwdriver duty and got a load of stuff done.

I've been putting a band aid on this house.... so it's good to be really dealing with stuff. I'm quite good at the old DIY so there's things being accomplished.

Anyhooooo.... boooooring! Wot's goin' on with you lot? ) xxx

Off for a squizz back...

Comment

Mario... I'm sorry you have aches and pains. Me too.... I can relate. Big hugs... xxx

Comment

After a more thorough squizz back... I reckon our Mollers is in lurve again! She will KEEL me for that!!! hahaha.... ;o)

OK, off to put my head on the pillow. See youz on the morrow... X

Comment

Mornin tipster and zenners and all to come x

Off for me shower cuz I'm back to work this morning - leaving hubby with a cold !!!

Have great days everyone and I will be back later xxx
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Morning zenners, tippers and questas, i hear u tipps my alarm went off nd i was like yack
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Hello Tips, I always feel sad to see a tree come down. Should I mention its a bank holiday here today? Maybe not.
              Zen good to keep busy, I find when I am drinking I can't find the energy to do those jobs around the place. Actually that's not accurate, I just can't be bothered.
              Hello Quest, hope your day goes well.

I just wanted to say that I sometimes don't fully appreciate the sanctuary that the daily army thread has become for us all but when I read some of the posts around the boards the past few weeks it really hits home how important the army is in my recovery. I am sure I am not alone in feeling this.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

lucky ktabbs with a bank holiday, enjoy it, what u got planned?
                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Hiya Pinky, x post there. Well it's a lovely day so going to get some bulbs planted after breakfast then I have some work to do on the computer for a few hours that I promised a friend.

Comment

Oh and I can't remember if I mentioned I have been offered a new job which I have accepted?

Comment

whhoo go ktabbers, im pleased for u nd ur new job, whats it doing?
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Thanks, it's going back to what I used to do in the graphics area. I am currently working in a big dull grey industrial estate on the edge of the city which is a long drive and the new job is in the centre of a small town so that should be good for the soul, as will the shorter hours and a lot less travel.

Comment

well i hope u enjoy it
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Yeah lookin forward to it. Sure it will have its ups and downs just like any job but it it is important to try and find something that we enjoy doing, dog knows we spend enough of our lives in work. I took the other job because I was desperate for some money coming in but in hindsight that is shortsighted. Still no better off money wise but quality of life is important too.

Comment

KTAB;1401444 wrote: Yeah lookin forward to it. Sure it will have its ups and downs just like any job but it it is important to try and find something that we enjoy doing, dog knows we spend enough of our lives in work. I took the other job because I was desperate for some money coming in but in hindsight that is shortsighted. Still no better off money wise but quality of life is important too.
                              sounds like it was a good decision, well i must shoot off to work, no bank holiday here, can't be Lazing in the garden like some irish men , enjoy ur day of relaxing in the garden, and send some of the nice weather and good luck for jobs my way
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                              X