Army Thread Monday 29th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was blue all weekend as he can't go see his girlfriend...but we are letting them get together this upcoming weekend......
    He has learned a VERY valuable lesson. I took him to the Goodwill to do service hours yesterday, and this ignorant bitch said in front of everyone.....Shoplifting?? You can't work here.
    Clay was SO mortified.....
    I wanted to claw her eyes out, but we went to an animal shelter and he can work there. I want to make sure it's a no kill shelter first...I don't want him to be subjected to that
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1401740 wrote: sometimes we have to stand up to them and stick to our guns.......and that is REALLY hards for most women
      AND...we have to believe in ourselves in order to do it.....longer time sobriety gives us that, I reckon.....
      Well said, hun.

mollyka;1401743 wrote:
      How very true Mama! Definitely these days, my opinions carry more weight alright. And when I THINK I'm right about something, in fairness I usually am! But back in the day - even in the not mad drinking days - just was never so 'sure' about things - makes a big difference actually!
      How's things with you anyhows? - is the poor wee bugger still grounded? Feckin HATED grounding kids - far bigger punishment to me than it ever was to them --- sulky teenagers stuck in your face 24/7 -- nightmare!!
      Know what you mean. I backed down an awful lot when I was drinking. Anything to keep the peace so I could get on with the serious business of drinking.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sad, isn't it JC??
        messing up my drinking time was more important than so many things.....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Evening army just watching the first episode of mondays corrie. Chicken tikka masala with rice for dinner but the sauce was from a jar i haven't tried making my own cury sauce yet. Quest cud you not have just taken the car and went? Don't ask just just say you are going and if he doesn't want to go well why can't you? I probably shudn't comment as i'm single and can come and go as i want. Hows everyone this evening?

Comment

Firefox;1401760 wrote: Evening army just watching the first episode of mondays corrie. Chicken tikka masala with rice for dinner but the sauce was from a jar i haven't tried making my own cury sauce yet. Quest cud you not have just taken the car and went? Don't ask just just say you are going and if he doesn't want to go well why can't you? I probably shudn't comment as i'm single and can come and go as i want. Hows everyone this evening?
            I could just tell him - I don't know why I don't ! Does that make sense ? I have a company car th?t I could just jump in and take off with - but something always stops me - its like a guilt feeling ! I just have a look for me backbone and chuck me wishbone in the bin lol x

Thanks for posting foxy xxx
            Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

mama bear;1401740 wrote: sometimes we have to stand up to them and stick to our guns.......and that is REALLY hards for most women
              AND...we have to believe in ourselves in order to do it.....longer time sobriety gives us that, I reckon.....
              Mmmmm I agree mama :thanks:

Comment

mollyka;1401737 wrote: Evening Jackie! good day at work? Did I tell you it's a Bank Holiday here:H
                Well, do you know what Questygirl --- (and achully it does me head in when peeps say on here 'I could have written that post') --- I could have written that post up to a year ago. It made the hairs stand up on my head tbh - not the going to church bit --- but fecking going anywhere that I
                wanted to go or anything I wanted to do. It was reading that that truly made me realise how different things are around here these days. And I'm not saying this to say 'oh amn't I the smug cow with a great husband' -- it really is the change that the whole programme has made to Joe --- it's unbelieveable. He was quite a selfish man - and really quite difficult to live with. OMG - he has changed so much this year, and I really do put it down to talking to peeps at Aftercare and I s'pose the shock of hearing how unhappy I was when down in the treatment centre. It has made this whole year just so bloody easy tho - so I truly sympathise and understand. If I had had the balls to stand up to him more - I dunno - we'd have either split up or mebbe things woulda got better quicker - I suspect the former tho.
                I'm sure that's shag all help - but I'm guessing MrQ isn't a bad man, Joe wasn't a bad man either - but it really was his way or the highway for such a long time.
                Mebbe just get rolling the spuds alright Oney style:H
                He's a great guy - a great dad and a very very long suffering hubby ! Just got this male denseness that a lot if men have when it comes to their women !!! But you just put up and shut up eventually don't ya ??? :thanks:

Comment

Rightio orff to put Mr JC in his high chair.
                  Might be bacinabit might not be bacinabit.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm in London watching a show
                    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

pingu1997;1401793 wrote: I'm in London watching a show
                      Oooooo wot u watching ?

Comment

JackieClaire;1401780 wrote: Rightio orff to put Mr JC in his high chair.
                        Might be bacinabit might not be bacinabit.
                        I've seen a program about that once ....... :H

Comment

Back from a much dreaded appointment at a government office... can I just say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH! That's better. Gawd... I feckin bloody positively HATE those minging places.

Questy... I agree... reckon you need to start standing up for yerself more. Just to see the shock on his face the first time you do it will be well worth it!!! :H

I went to the poxy shops after the government ordeal. It hasn't been a good arvo for moi, doing shite I hate! Anyway, there is grub in the gaff now so... RESULT!

Comment

Yooo Hoooooo Molleroonie!!!! Did the time change feck ya up? Need to remember to fix wot the clocks are telling ya!

I have no clue what P3 is doing in the Smoke, maybe I'll take a gander on Faceache after and see if that yields a clue...

Sitting here with me windows open... it's a bloody treat in South Florida. Rode around in the car today with the windows down. Excellent stuff! You and Joe would love it on the bike here just now... )

Comment

Come on over then! What's keeping ya!

I just had a read around the boards... what's going on? People falling out left, right and centre...

Comment

I hear you. I have to concentrate more on me also... I can't be letting external stuff get to me now so I know zactly wot you mean.

Do you think the clock change knocked your sleeping pattern off? Bet JC is handling it OK! She sounded tired earlier...

Comment

Working...
                                X