Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 29th October

hello Army family..
    I post here and on my Stepper thread and SOMETIMES reach out to those that sound really scared...
    that's about it
    Like Zen.....I have barely enuf to keep myself going, so I will choose the "happy" places
    The east coast of the US is on lockdown...this is a huge storm, and it's hitting places that are not used to storms...Zenny and I are old pros.....
    what's wrong Questie???
    AND.......YAY KTAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Molls..had to look that place up to see if it was real.. sounds like one of them old crappy joke places...Ben Doon, Phil Mckracken n all that guff !!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

'Ello 'ello!

Mollers... I reckon they might be downplaying the storm to be honest. Stuff is starting to pop up on my Facebook and it actually looks like the media may be squelching it somewhat and it's turning out worse than they're saying. Feck knows why they would do that as the Weather Channel normally has reporters in sou'westers "battling" the elements on what would be a balmy day in Eire! Maybe they're just trying to avert a panic situation...

Comment

mama bear;1401614 wrote: hello Army family..
          I post here and on my Stepper thread and SOMETIMES reach out to those that sound really scared...
          that's about it
          Like Zen.....I have barely enuf to keep myself going, so I will choose the "happy" places
          The east coast of the US is on lockdown...this is a huge storm, and it's hitting places that are not used to storms...Zenny and I are old pros.....
          what's wrong Questie???
          AND.......YAY KTAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Stay safe mama b xxx

I'm a moody cow really, but yesterday (bearing in mind I'm just coming through a hurrrendous cold) I had to take me youngest two to rugby training (matches cancelled due to water logged pitches) and it was freezing and peeing down - they didn't want to go and neither did I. But hubs is like "well, if you don't train, you don't play" - they're fecking 9 and 6 FFS !!! I think the England Rugby squad can manage without them for a while

Soooooo.......I mentioned I wanted to go to church in the afternoon - well, he's not a church goer, so not very supportive at he best of times - but it was in Manchester (25 miles away) and hubs said "it's too far !!!" Well, hello !!!! I feckin work in Manchester 5 days a week, and travel all over the feckin country with the boys and their rugby on a weekend - but oh no !!! TOO FAR ???!!!???

So I wasn't best amused. And that just started the downward spiral. Top it all off I said to hubs "do you ever think how you could make me happy ?" to which he replied "errrmmm what do you mean ??" I snorted and walked off. Typical.

I just felt like I wasn't allowed a life any more. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and do everything I can for them - I work full time - he's a stay at home dad. That works for us - to a point. But sometimes I just need something for me. I didn't think he'd mind me going to church - how wrong could I be ?

OMG - told you I can be a moody cow lol - but that was yesterday - today's a new day - same old shit, but a new day :H:H
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Questy... in my very humble opinion, that is not you being a moody cow. I think you have reason to be pissed off. When you're out there trotting around the countryside left, right and centre while he's a stay at home dad, I (again in my humble opinion) do not think it is unreasonable to ask him to travel 25 miles to go anywhere with you if it is something that is important to you on your day off...

Comment

Hmmm... just remembered something. I'm not mega religious... I will go to Church on occasion for the spiritual aspect... but my mother is real religious. She got used to this one Church when I lived in a Southern County from where I am at now and the last time she was over I'd drive her down there and go with her. I knew it meant a lot to her. So I think you may be within your "rights" asking him to do that for you hun... :l:l:l

In any event, I hope you're feeling better today. No point in dwelling on it... 'tis in the past... and you can always do what Oney does and roll his potatoes on the floor when he's not looking! Presuming spuds are in your near future that is! When the stewardesses got pissed off at the guests on the yachts they'd clean the bog with their toothbrushes! :H There's all kinds of things you can do to feel better ya know!!!

Comment

Zenstyle;1401666 wrote: Questy... in my very humble opinion, that is not you being a moody cow. I think you have reason to be pissed off. When you're out there trotting around the countryside left, right and centre while he's a stay at home dad, I (again in my humble opinion) do not think it is unreasonable to ask him to travel 25 miles to go anywhere with you if it is something that is important to you on your day off...
                Thanks Zenners - problem was, I wasn't asking him to come cos I know he won't. I'd have gone on me todd. The answer was still no though...........you wouldn't think I was 41 would ya ? :H:H

Comment

Quest for the key;1401669 wrote: Thanks Zenners - problem was, I wasn't asking him to come cos I know he won't. I'd have gone on me todd. The answer was still no though...........you wouldn't think I was 41 would ya ? :H:H
                  Well, hell girl!!!!! *said in "that" accent* :H You gotta get your groooooove on woman! Put your foot down! You be wearing the big girls pants now!

Comment

Evening all.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quest for the key;1401669 wrote: Thanks Zenners - problem was, I wasn't asking him to come cos I know he won't. I'd have gone on me todd. The answer was still no though...........you wouldn't think I was 41 would ya ? :H:H
                      Lmao zenners !!!

Comment

Zenstyle;1401672 wrote: Well, hell girl!!!!! *said in "that" accent* :H You gotta get your groooooove on woman! Put your foot down! You be wearing the big girls pants now!
                        Lol have you been in me knicker drawer zenners ?

Comment

JackieClaire;1401715 wrote: Evening all.
                          Late brew mrs JC ???

Comment

awwwww Questie...:l

Comment

Oh yes please. So quiet this afternoon I knackered.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sometimes we have to stand up to them and stick to our guns.......and that is REALLY hards for most women
                                AND...we have to believe in ourselves in order to do it.....longer time sobriety gives us that, I reckon.....

Comment

Working...
                                X