• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - November 2012

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Hope everyone finds their way over to our November thread. Thought I would get it started since I'm always the last one up. :H
    Welcome everyone to One Step at a Time. Please feel free to jump right in and join us.
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey! I'm up too! )

I hope November is a good month for all... x

Comment

Comment

Zen - just love it!!!! Thank you for that picture. I'm saving a copy to my computer. :l:l
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning Nora, Zen and all to come. Here's a profound piece of artwork i found inspired by the theme of one step at a time...

Comment

Morning Nora Zen and RC. Great pics you all posted i love yours best Norah with steps i'm going to snag that one. Count me in for another month. A lovely fresh morning here in Dublin. Wishing you all success in reaching your goals this month.

Comment

Count me in, too.

Now, for today's rant: I'm so sick of being sick!! I'm on the 4th day of this godforsaken cold, maybe bronchitis, and I've had enough! I am exhausted, can't sleep for coughing, can't take cough medicine due to antidepressants. I don't ever remember being this angry about being ill. My bed, which is usually my haven, has become my jail. I don't have energy for shit!:upset:

I guess I'll call my doctor today, but for what?

Missed two days of work, so no pay. WAHHHH!!!!

I probably wiped out the population of the assisted living facility where my mother lives. I had the same nagging cough for two weeks, attributed it to allergies, so I didn't think anything about attending to her on Monday as I usually do.

Thanks for allowing me to take up space.
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I'm up because I can't sleep... stressed out right now. But I'm going to stay AF today no matter what. Because, this, too shall pass...
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Juja so sorry to hear you are sick. Do go to the doctor there might be something that would help you get through. Good thoughts to you as you have sent to me.
                    Hugs from the land of dark and cold but still surviving.
                    ~nurdl
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Morning all. Still no power and it's gotten rather cold. Generator keeps the fridge cold and a few lights on. Gas has now become an issue. People have to wait in long lines for hours to fill their cars. Some violence has broken out at the pumps. Grocery stores taking cash only. Coffee by a warm fire this morning. Cell service seems to be improving so its been fun to read back on the posts I've missed.
                      Love to all. Stay strong!
                      ~nurdl
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Thank God you're okay!! I was so worried.:l

Do you have damage to your home/apt? Do you have to go anywhere (gas)? Do you have enough food/water? Can I send you something: tampons, aspirin, tissues, t.p., cash, new/clean underwear, anything? I'm serious. Pm me as to what you need.

My illness is nothing compared to what you're going through.

I don't know what to say to make you feel better. As trite as it might sound, it's a lesson in patience. An older person said that to me one time when times were tough, and I hold onto it when I feel things can't get any worse.

We're all here for you. Go New Jersey!!!!:h Bru-u-u-c-e!:h
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

yes Nurdle.....what do you need??? I'll be happy to help
                          Juja....GO TO THE DOCTOR.....you probably need antibiotics babe!!
                          I like the little penguin Zenny!!!!
                          off to work..against my will, but I have no sick days left.....heating pad is in my purse!!!
                          I'll check in when I get to the office
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

But, Mommy, I don't have any greenish-yellowish stuff coming out of me! The doctor won't give me anything! I'll go when that stuff makes its gag-vomiting-inducing appearance. (Yes, I'm one of those.):yuk:

Just talked to my dentist's office to cancel appt. She said this stuff is going 'round, and hangs on for weeks.

You're worse than me, Mama. I hope your illnesses are relieved soon.:l

I'll shut up now.

Comment

Juja - you're a riot. Clean underwear? Tampons? :H Thanks for the laugh. That's what I needed most. Truly, keep slugging down the water to thin the yuck. It will help with the coughing too. Vitamin C and loads of it. Rest rest rest and you should make a dr. appt girl. We need you here at maximum speed. :hug:

Comment

Working...
                              X