Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - November 2012

Hi Mama, Juja, Nora, Techie, everyone.
    If you ever get tired of posting, I found a free app game called FLOW. I'm really not much into games, but I enjoy this one a lot.

Wednesday is my day off, used to be a regular drinking day before I started posting on this thread in June. I'm so glad to be done with that.

My GERD is acting up again, I didn't sleep well and don't feel great. It is a very frustrating condition, and the meds for it are not good for my bones. Sigh.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

GERD sucks...I have fought it as well
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello everyone. Boy - I've been busy lately. Yuck - I hate not being able to get on here.

Sun - feel better.

Mama - glad you like your boss.

Juja - computer issues fixed?

Nurdl - you better today?

Paula - thinking of you. Please post.

Ally - you still in love & too busy to post?

Dottie, Zen, RC and all the other steppers.......here are some great big hugs!!!! :l:l:l:l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh - I've been hooked on Seven Little Words lately. I've been playing it on my Kindle.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora: love 7 little words too! Try fairway solitaire, @99 cents totally worth it ! Not worth all my time playing it! I should charge my normal rate of $130 an hour to play that game and I'd be making a million dollars a year!!! They also give you new games. Everyday!

I've been a bitch lately to my husband. But yesterday, he had something to say: "ummmm, honey, I got an email from someone about something...." I yelled: ". Stop right there! That sentence told me absolutely nothing! Can you be any more vague?!" Gosh! He's a lawyer! He needs to change jobs!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

:H:H:H:H
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Our internet has been off and on all week...it's annoying! They are "working" on it, so I'm trying to post while I can.

Glad your new boss is ok Mama, sad about the babies though.

Not much to report here except that I don't think I'll be pursuing the guy I went on two dates with. Long story short, he's never been married or had kids, yet somehow he has more baggage than I do. I just don't want to deal with any of that. So....no biggie, I'm actually pretty darn happy being single!

Ok, better post before I lose connection. Will check in when I can!

Love ya'll!!!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

no internet would make me nuts
                  good call Niner.....can you be buds and just hang out some??

Comment

Hi hope you are all ok. Went to see physio today, who said I have crushed vertebra and inflammation at the base of my spine. I am going to have steroid injection and excercise, which should help with pain relief. Went out for dinner with family as it's husbands birthday.

Comment

ouch!!! any idea how that happened??
                      Happy Birthday Mr Paula!!

Comment

Hellooooo Steppers! xxx

Mama... I'm really glad your new Boss is cool... you will probably end up being good friends, eh? (No smoked turkey for me again. I'm glad the new cat likes his turkey smokey... it's not ALL going to waste. I had a fried one once and, yep, it rocked! Need to beg, borrow or steal a fryer for next year.)

Niner... Sorry the feller wasn't up to par. It's really tough dating when you get older. Been there and dunnit. Someone will come along! And I agree... at Date # 2 it should be fun and not about his probs... :l

Nora... You home yet? (At the risk of repeating myself! Again!) :l

Paula... that sounds really painful... I hope you can get it sorted and get pain-free...

*waves* Hiya Juja, Ally, Nurdl, Sunbeam and the TechMeister!

Comment

I broke my leg 4 years ago Mama, and he thinks it is down to the way I walk, also years of nursing. At least I have nothing sinister, also this info came from the short time I managed to stay in mri scanner, they got more of a picture than I expected.

Comment

Paula - so sorry to hear about you! Hope the steroid injection helps.

Hi Zen! Your avatar continues to crack me up.

Keep your fingers crossed all, I just bought 5 Powerball tickets. I've never played before, lol. I figured since my $ is not being used to buy booze anymore I may as well have a little fun.

Star, love the new look. It's so festive!
                            ~n
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Thanks Zen and Nurdl, don't know what powerball is, but sounds fun, hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Nurdl..how you doing?
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X