Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 1st November

Good morning, Army

I checked and double-checked the thread title this morning, so that it's neither the Amy thread, nor the Army tread, or some other combo :H

Welcome to a new month. Pinch punch, white rabbits etc etc.

We had a bit of drama last night. Our cars were pelted with eggs in the driveway. We suspect it's people who are unhappy about our latest round of opposition to student houses in our area. We've pissed off a couple of people who have been instructed by the municipality to convert their properties back to single residential use. Some of you might remember the success we had with the house right next to us. Since then, quite a lot has happened. Not a single application for student houses have been approved, and those operating illegally have to cease doing so at the end of the academic year. Oh well - the cars can be washed and the driveway hosed down. At least it shows we're getting it right

Have a lovely Thursday, folksies! The weekend is almost upon us. I was toying with the idea of taking tomorrow off, but I think I'll stick it out.

Oh! Almost forgot. The gardener performed wonders yesterday. I've arranged for him to come in tomorrow as well, and three days next week. After that, a weekly once-over should suffice.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning tips and all to come

hope the egg chucking incident will be a one off, tips. Did you call the police?

Could do with the services of a gardener myself or maybe someone will lend me a combine harvester.

Waiting for the supermarket to open here. I saw that foxy was up in the middle of the night. Hope she got back to sleep.

Comment

LOL @ combine harvester :H:H:H

Morning, Reccie.

We have the registration number of the vehicle involved. My neighbour is going to the traffic department this morning to trace the owner. Mrs. T wants me to lay a charge with the police. I'm thinking revenge

I hope Foxy is sleeping too - she hasn't been sleeping well for a long time now.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1403383 wrote: Mrs. T wants me to lay a charge with the police. I'm thinking revenge
        I would. Best to nip the problem in the bud before it happens again. Just MHO.

Comment

Morning gentlemen, tis ice all over my car, as opposed to eggs.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning tabbers. How're you keeping these days? Oh, and congratulations on the new job. Very pleased for you. It's a bit cold here too.

Comment

Morning guys - omg soooo tired - well happy Friday eve !!

And a nice shiny new month - likes new months meeeeee !!!

Off for coffee then shower - see yas later xxx
              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Things are pretty good ta Reccie, how are the moving plans progressing?

Morning Questypoos, new month is good, 'friday eve' haha.

Comment

That's good to hear tabs. The moving plans are going slowly. Need to give myself a large kick up the arse.

Hiya questie

Ok, off out now to the supermarket. Laters.

Comment

Yep despite everything and everyone change of any sort is one really down to one person when all is said and done.
                    Have you considered trying to rent out your house and taking a lease in the area you fancy?

Comment

Good morning gang.
                      Great you have the registration number Tips. Is it good having mrs T back home? Nice work with the Gardener:goodjob:

Hi Tabbers What is the new job? When do you start?

Hi Reccie How is it going? Are you moving house?

Did you hear that my echocardiogram showed my heart is fine and dandy. I kept waking up in the night with a smile such a relief

Comment

Sorry Questie x post. Good morning!!

Comment

Thats great news Anon you must be over the moon, I know they say dont worry but sure it was for you. New job is back in graphics area, exact date tbc but a couple of weeks I expect. Any road I have to hit the road now, laters folks, be good.

Comment

Morning army,

Cold up here in arsey-land. Gotta run as i teach early today at a REALLY posh skool. Like REALLY posh. It's a prep skool for sprogs who end up at Eton.

They're not all that bright mind you.

They think i'm "cool" (ahahahahahahaha!!! that DOES make me laugh) because they don't have to call me Sir, and i wear earings...

Catch you later and have a lovely 1st November cuppajoe.

Arsey.

Comment

Good morning all

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X