Last Call question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Call question...

Has anyone tried this to quit / slow down their drinking? Of course when you go on their website they only tell the success stories and who even knows if they're true! I did see one person somewhere on here (Chili something...) who tried it and it worked for awhile but after spending all of that money, apparently it ended up not working once the 8 weeks were up. Has anyone had a good experience with this (or know anyone who has)? They claim 84% success rate but again - they're trying to sell their product!

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Last Call question...

There is a section of this site dedecated to moderate drinking. They don't use any specific product, just the same ones discussed on this site, and a lot of other rules and strategies. The best way to start this approach is to stop drinking for 30 days. If you are a daily heavy drinker this approach probably won't work for you. Look for the long term or monthly moderation sections of this site.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Last Call question...

Macko4;1403826 wrote: Has anyone tried this to quit / slow down their drinking? Of course when you go on their website they only tell the success stories and who even knows if they're true! I did see one person somewhere on here (Chili something...) who tried it and it worked for awhile but after spending all of that money, apparently it ended up not working once the 8 weeks were up. Has anyone had a good experience with this (or know anyone who has)? They claim 84% success rate but again - they're trying to sell their product!

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!
      Hi Mack:
      Not really certain what you are posting. What website are you talking about? Ours? MWO??

What's /Last Call?

:l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Last Call question...

I think I understand your question. Yes.....I did know a guy that told everyone he worked for ESPN....when he did not.....and now does....Law of Attraction......I have not seen that work here.

Sorry, but we all have to suck it up at some point.

Comment

Last Call question...

TheSunFlower;1407116 wrote: I think I understand your question. Yes.....I did know a guy that told everyone he worked for ESPN....when he did not.....and now does....Law of Attraction......I have not seen that work here.

Sorry, but we all have to suck it up at some point.
          ??
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Last Call question...

lost me now??
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Last Call question...

Me too

Comment

Last Call question...

Hi Mack04,

Just noticed your post, and I went to the website and found that the active ingredient, or one of them, in the Last Call herbal supplement is listed as Daidzin, (SP?) which is one of the ingredients in the Kudzu sold on this website and in some vitamin stores.

Some people here have reported great success with craving reduction while using Kudzu...you might want to check out the Holistic thread, as well as the Meds thread, as I think a previous poster mentioned.

For me, the Kudzu did not seem to make much difference...but my main problem is my "stinkin' thinkin'" and the hypnosis cds, also available on this website, helped me to retrain my brain...I also enjoyed the My Way Out book which outlines Roberta Jewell's program, and reading the personal stories and hints so generously shared on this website.

Good luck with your endeavor! Farfalla
                . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Last Call question...

Hi Macko4 :welcome: to MWO

I looked into this when I was desperate to find My Way Out. Just before I came to MWO in Feb of this year. This Last Call Program I believe is the older version of the new & improved Sobrexa program. Discounted, if you order today for only $800 smackaroonies. At the time I couldn't find any independent, or published peer reviews. Dug around, found out the owners were sitting pretty high on the hill, owned some other investments. Can't remember details about this part. Brain fog as it wasn't important & didn't take notes. Plus I was still drinking at the time.

Farfalla pointed out that Daidzin is Kudzu. The Sobrexa or Last Call Program claims that their Daidzin is stronger form of Kudzu from what I recall. There's speculation that the old Chinese herb Kudzu can raise a persons blood alcohol level, when a person drinks a couple, it may feel as tho they've had a few. I think I remember reading someone getting DWI or DUI after ingesting Kudzu with two drinks. They had stayed at the bar well over 3 hrs & had eaten.

I think there have been threads about Sobrexa under the Research Forum & under the Meds Forum not to long ago. Questions come here every now & then. I think someone did find success with it a long time back.

This herb may help a person moderate, use harm reduction, or help a person titrate down & abstain. I've never used it. My thought with it was, that if I felt more intoxicated then I'd want another one, not less. I suppose it may work the other way to.

Good luck to you Macko4 you can conquer this & maybe The Last Call Program will be your Way Out. Maybe stick around & read some of the threads & post some more. Be well.

Comment

Last Call question...

I have completed the Last Call Program with great success. I have gone a quart of whiskey-a-day habit to today being 6-months alcohol free. I credit the Last Call Program for helping me launch my new life. Worth every penny I spent and in hindsight not even close to the cost of alcohol I was consuming.

Comment

Last Call question...

It's pretty awful when a company sends "moles" out to hype their product. Someone pointed out that this was spam yesterday. wpsii's post was posted on every thread about sobrexa. (about 6 or 7 times), which is an exact repeat of a post from one year ago. It still upsets me that you cant "trust" anyone online, even if their website looks totally kosher and there are MD's representing the company.

I think when anyone posts anything involving a product, supplement etc, all of us should check that persons old posts to see if they are on the up and up. Checking wpsii's old posts made it very obvious his posts were a plant. Good lesson to all of us.

Comment

Last Call question...

looking for peace;1565515 wrote: It's pretty awful when a company sends "moles" out to hype their product. Someone pointed out that this was spam yesterday. wpsii's post was posted on every thread about sobrexa. (about 6 or 7 times), which is an exact repeat of a post from one year ago. It still upsets me that you cant "trust" anyone online, even if their website looks totally kosher and there are MD's representing the company.

I think when anyone posts anything involving a product, supplement etc, all of us should check that persons old posts to see if they are on the up and up. Checking wpsii's old posts made it very obvious his posts were a plant. Good lesson to all of us.

thank you so much to the person who caught it. If anyone catches anything like that again, please post about it right away. I think deleting those types of post just makes it go away.... I think it's important to call out these people so that everyone is aware of their tactics.

Comment

Working...
                        X