Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back - Need To Make Some Changes

Hey everyone!

I am sorry that I haven't been on here for a while between my new job, school and such I am a little overwhelmed...thus this has led me back to drinking. As most of you know, I did quite well for a bit with not drinking, well over a month and then I would go two weeks without and then "indulge" a little on weekends...now it's sorta spiralled out of control again, drinking every night - not as bad as it used to be (when I drank in the AM, throughout the entire day and such)...but still not good...
    What led me back to just drinking without abandon is when I got my clean bill of health from the doc...of course going back to drinking doesn't help. The anxiety is still there. The black outs...worrying that I said the wrong thing to someone...you guys all know, the same old song and dance.
    I really wanna stop again. I want to focus on school, have a good nights sleep, focus better at work. Wake up without looking like complete poop.
    I already know the answer to this all...I just have to get past day 1 - that is the hardest.

I just hope everyone else here is well. And I wanted to let you know that I missed you all so much. There are lots of newbies here and I say hello to you as well! Since I haven't been on here in quite a bit, basic short little background is...26 y.o. been drinking wine for the past 5 years, the past 3-4 years has been everyday, got worse when I was off work - happened everyday, created problems...blablabla. You know the drill. Was doing well...but I drink to self-medicate (anxiety and obsessive compulsive tendencies)...and to deal with things that I simply don't want to deal with but should! I have fallen back into old ways....

Nothing changes if nothing changes, right?!

Anywho...I am going to start coming back here more often. It helped me immensely before...

hello briseus,i remember you,glad your back,i love this place,it helps alot for sure!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good to see you back Bri!!! I am in pretty much the same place but we will get there.
      I'm looking forward to all your thought-provoking threads again - missed you being around.....
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi Briseus,

I think I'm new since you were last here? Welcome back. Reckon you've done the right thing. Your story sounds quite like mine... only i'm a few years older and didn't get to grips with dealing with it the same way as you seem to have done.

Anyways, look forward to seeing you about the boards.

RC

Comment

Bris:
          New here 2 or 3 weeks, kind of lost count. But just want to welcome you back and say hi
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Hi briseus, I'm feeling everything you say I'm drinking again tonight booooo, let's try and go sober tomorrow, day 1? Xx
            AF since 2nd Oct 2012
            Day by day

Comment

Mootsbill, I am in the same boat but we need to keep on here for inspiration and strength. Usually I run away and drink nightly. Things are better and I haven't got my day 1 to stick yet but I am coming back to MWO right away and not going on a massive binge.....not great, but better.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.

Thank you Paulywogg. Glad to see you still here!

Daisy - I hear ya, we can do this...we will do this. It takes time...right? But we both want this really bad, and if you want something bad enough...things then seem to fall into place.

RC - thank you very much. I look forward to hearing about you and your story.

Alcoholic - MWO really helps. There are lots of fantastic and supportive people on here. I don't know why I even left! Hang in there.

Mootsbill - I am in the same boat! I don't know why we keep doing this to ourselves. It makes us so miserable! Mind you, we don't have to go on a huge binge spree as Daisy has said. We can all support one another and do this.
                Easier said then done, but sobriety is so rewarding!

Thanks everyone! xo

Comment

Welcome Bris!

You know the drill, we are here to welcome you back :welcome:
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Looking forward to my next go because you are here!

Comment

Hey Bris!

Hey you - welcome back. I was thinking of you recently. I'm glad to hear you are still in the fight so to speak.
                      You had some sober time before so you know how that feels.

Keep coming around and stay strong! Take care

Comment

Hi Bri!!! I MISSED YOU! :l

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and let's go ok? You know you can do this, and I know you can do it. I'm proud of you for coming back. No more leaving ok? I'll hunt you down girlfriend...

Love,
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi Bri,
                          it is good you are back in the ring. Alcohol has a long, irregular learning curve. Keep at it, life will reward you richly.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey Sweetie!!!:l I missed you! I started a thread about two months ago or so asking about you. We were concerned. I'm glad you're back. PM if you want to talk or for anything. I know you can do it. You are strong and determined. I'll be here every day, and all these folks, new and old, will also be here to help you on your way.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Nelz - hello again! and thank you!!

Ann Carolina - still in the fight...still trying. hope you are well!

K9 - gawd, I missed ya hun!!! you were the FIRST one that ever wrote me when I got here. You will always be in my heart. Glad you are still here!! And still posting!! xo

Sunbeam - I will keep trying, alcohol does NOTHING for anyone!!

LG - I missed you sooooo....I saw the thread you began and I wrote on it too!! It made me so happy that you thought of me randomly. I missed you tunz. And I plan on PMing you.

I am still struggling...still working on things...happy and sad...trying and not...
                              But will post all my struggles...and everything on here...will actively post more.
                              Missed you all. xo

Comment

Working...
                              X