Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions are welcome here !

Hi all,

These days, I am in gratitude mode.So ,can I take a good decision at this moment ?.Specially regarding my children who are living under the children protection plan and seperately from me.I want to write a letter confirming that I am ok now and would like to be a part of the children protection plan.
    Valuable suggestion are wecome here !
    Thanks,
    Dixon
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

I think you need a short, concise letter outlining what you believe their fears would be and how you have addressed them. Then you need to say what positives you can bring to your children if you are allowed access, whilst understanding that their welfare is the primary concern.

I am good at this kind of thing and am happy to help you if you like.

Comment

kuya;1404854 wrote: I think you need a short, concise letter outlining what you believe their fears would be and how you have addressed them. Then you need to say what positives you can bring to your children if you are allowed access, whilst understanding that their welfare is the primary concern.

I am good at this kind of thing and am happy to help you if you like.
      Wow !
      I got a reply so shortly .Kuya,I would love to get your help be tankful for your advices.Please let me know how should we get connected .
      Cant wait to share !!!
      Dixon

Comment

Just PM anything and everything you think is relevant and I will read it over and get back to you.
        Probably won't be til tomorrow as I had a late night at my son's engagement.

OK

Comment

kuya;1404866 wrote: Just PM anything and everything you think is relevant and I will read it over and get back to you.
          Probably won't be til tomorrow as I had a late night at my son's engagement.

OK
          No problem !
          Please take your time .I am sending you a PM now .Please suggest any that need to be changes or any paragraph should you think avoided.This is just a draft.
          Look forward to hearing from you.
          Wish you for a best engagement.Please no AL for me !!!
          Dix

Comment

Hi Kuya,
            Just sent for your kind help.
            Dixon

Comment

Got that. Engagement was last night and was lovely ....... No Al here. Will work on it soon. Tis a good letter anyway

Comment

Oh Dixon I'm so glad your moving forward with this & that Kuya is helping you!

Comment

Great Dixon; would it help to include a reference from your boss or someone with influence that could vouch for how much you are doing to change your life? just a thought......
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I thought about that too Daisyluv, but he's mentioned more then once his boss keeps warning him that he's on his last leg at work. But, hopefully they'd be willing to write a letter. Tho, they may not be aware of the family situation. There are also some cultural differences that Dixon may have to deal with as well.

I'd think he must be working with CSD which in the states is called Children Services Division. Here if a person gets clean ~ sober & they take certain classes, do what their assigned counselor assigns them to do. It's in the best interest of all to reunite child & parent, as long as the child isn't in danger.

I think he's in London & believe he loves his children very much. Has regrets as many of us do. Some things done while under the influence, may not be who we truly are. We can make amends, clean up our lives, wreckage from the past. Be responsible, good parents & citizens. We are intelligent, loving & fun people. :h

Comment

Daisy ,
                      Yes , Windflowers has noted about situation of my job .However they may write if needed .At the moment we could avoid this not to create a more confusion on my job.My manager is aware of my family issues.

Wildflowers,
                      You come up here with so many wise words here .I am thinking to work with some sorts of agencies like you refer CSD .Let me try to find one.I would love to work in the field of humanitarian,and previously I was involved in Health,education,environment,women empowerment ,micro finance etc. through charities and local Rotary Club in Asia.Do you believe this reference give some strengths ??.I don't think so myself.

In another note, my children are grown up well already and at their age of 11 and 15 now so I won't get contact with them without their acceptance,however I may get involved with school ,doctor and CP plan to work for their future.
                      Any more suggestion ??:h:h:h
                      Dix

Comment

I think showing your social involvement is very useful. It shows you care about others.

BTW have downloaded your letter and will work on it tonight.

Comment

kuya;1405389 wrote: I think showing your social involvement is very useful. It shows you care about others.

I got your well organized draft letter with thanks !
                          I am very much grateful for your self motivated help.
                          Dix

Comment

kuya;1405389 wrote: I think showing your social involvement is very useful. It shows you care about others.

Dixon,

I agree with Kuya that letters from previous work including any volunteer work with charities or the public will be a plus for you. Very happy Kuya has been of great help to you!...

I hope & wish for you to be a part of your kids lives to. You can make this happen Dixon!.... Don't give up, just make the effort & do the work. Eventually as your kids see how you've remained sober ~ recovered ~ changed, hopefully they will want to be a part of your life. You are still legally married so I do think you have some legal rights. Please seek some legal council friend. :l :h

Comment

Hi Wildflowers ,

I believe my life would be happier if I spend my time to the community and they are my kids so there is no chance of giving up.Please give me a bump time to time...Yes,Kuya is really helpful !!

Hiya Kuya,
                              Hi Kuya,
                              I found it (your draft letter ) very concise and to the points:happy: so going to just print it out and send to them just adding my kids name somewhere.
                              I will update you the outcome .Together we can make a difference !!!:thanks::H

Comment

Working...
                              X