Army Thread Sunday 4th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recluse;1405519 wrote: Pie made and eaten. Delish. Burp!!!
    giz a slice
    I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
    Audrey Hepburn

Comment

I ony have 4 words to say .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................. The fecking Killers, whoop! ]
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

satz123;1405517 wrote: Oh & here's a good topic for debate.
        Is drinking hireretary ?
        It may be - but so is fatness but we have to go do something about it !!!!

Ask why i won't admit to being an alko at home ?
        I'm already getting the 'runs in our family' being bandied about.
        To me that is a total fecking cop out - yes let's blame someone else ! CRAP !

I'm damned if I am going to take the blame 'till I die and beyond for my kids drinking too much and having wicked hangovers.
        My poor dead grandmother has also been mentioned and she's dead 40 years.

NO FECKIN' WAY !!!

Rant over !!!
        Hmmm, you're not gonna like this satz, but "children of alcoholics are 4 times more likely to become alcoholics - partly because of genetics":

BBC NEWS | Health | Children of alcoholics 'damaged'

Not that I have anyone to blame in that respect, being the only drinker in my family.

Comment

Quick hi and bye - back from ruggers with deicer required for me feet - off shopping - the joys !!!!
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

ha ha questy, deicing ya feet, must be fceking freezing
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

littlepinkcat;1405523 wrote: giz a slice
              All gone, I'm afraid pinky. Soz.

Comment

u greedy bugger, lol
                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Recluse;1405525 wrote: Hmmm, you're not gonna like this satz, but "children of alcoholics are 4 times more likely to become alcoholics - partly because of genetics":

BBC NEWS | Health | Children of alcoholics 'damaged'

Not that I have anyone to blame in that respect, being the only drinker in my family.
                  Fair enough Reccie -same goes for overweight - but we all have to take responsibility for our own lives ! Don't like how things are panning out - CHANGE IT !
                  My grandmother was a raging alko but I cannot blame her for my drinking - I refuse to !
                  I could be 20 stone like my nieces but I work at it !!
                  My kids ain't gonna blame me and use genes as an excuse ! - so they will need to find out what is causing the problem for them - themselves. Using genes as the reason is a COP OUT !!
                  Oh I can just hear the conversations of DD with her circle of friends - over a few glasses of wine !

Rant #2 over

Comment

Afternoon.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Afternoon Mario.

Comment

satz123;1405423 wrote:
                        RC how did your one man :alf: party go last night?
                        In my head it rocked. Otherwise pretty quiet.

Comment

Hi Running courage.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

mollyka;1405439 wrote: Gawd -- well I'll do the bitesize version
                            Oct. had a melt down after a long period 'modding'. Marriage was over, kids hated me -- and major begging and pleading and promising I managed to convince them - and me - that I'd never drink again -- ever.
                            Jilly was going back to Canada on 28th Dec. and I 'allowed' the thought into my head in early Dec. that I would 'deserve' a drink the day I left her to the airport - the promised sober Christmas etc. would take place - and on 28th, I had no work, I'd be back from the airport in the morning and the house to myself - I actually 'spoke' about it here in the Army to try and 'clear' the thought.
                            After speaking about it, I realised I couldn't really drink on that day - but the drink thought had still 'gone into' my head, so Christmas Day was around wine and Irish coffee's and shit all day and night - and rather resentfully had none - the next night -- party house again - just nabbed a bottle of wine from the cupboard, went upstairs and drank it. Saw myself necking that wine - the same stuff that was going to finish my marriage, my family and ultimately myself - and I s'pose that was my eureka moment really -- nothing was going to stop me drinking that wine that night.
                            The treatment centre was another matter - it was truly amazing - far too long a story - but I'd recommend it to anyone - no need to have an addiction - 28 days to look at yourself - learn how to live and how to love life - it was truly mindblowing!
                            I'm sure when we meet I'll bore you to tears with the bits I've left out there:H
                            Thank you Molls. Really appreciate hearing this story here.

I'm having Jekyll and Hyde thoughts about AL... have been for a while. Basically, after 7 weeks AF - never done this since the day I first drank the stuff when I was 14 - I'm still no nearer to knowing what my relationship with it is. I still get psychological cravings, if that is the right term, and have no idea whether this is just missing the buzz, or the habit i created over many years of finishing everyday with a bottle in front of me (as opposed to a frontal lobotomy). Boom boom. Credit to Tom Waits for that one..

Limbo... that's what i is feeling just now. A kinda limbo... cos i don't know if i can have a so called "healthy" relationship with AL, or not. I don't know if this is because I've been 7 weeks AF and am forgetting how much i disliked feeling groggy and guilty most mornings, or whether one of those damned voices in my head is luring me back to where i was before.

Drifting... that's what it's like... just drifting with it all...

Anyway, that was a bitty serious sounding for me :H

I love farting.

So, thank you Molly for the post. I do find hearing your stories very helpful.

Comment

satz123;1405540 wrote: ...we all have to take responsibility for our own lives !
                              Agreed, satz.

Comment

the voices are powerful little shites

they have tempted me back into daily vodka and wine drinking several times, but something inside says to me don't be a twat and go there.....

sorry for blunt words but that's how I feel

I LOVE MY CELLO AGAIN.... just popping that one in
                                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
                                X