Army Thread Sunday 4th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard it. The one telling me not to be a twat. I just didn't want to believe it...
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Very late evening all.

Fascinating subject. The gene thing. My Ma & Pa were both alkies but do you know I don't think it was a gene thing. My Pa was such a gentle soul that you'd never know he'd had a drink I was about 20 when I found out he was addicted. I come from such a huge family it was just that they stuck the national average in the 4 of us. Me brother's completely normal.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1405648 wrote: And so far - my 4 sprogs seem totally disinterested in booze - s'pose it's early days for them tho --- so fingers crossed!!
        Mine are obsessed. It's what they do for a living. Naww not worried about either of them. They have too much now and again but after a big sleep, plenty of fluids, vit C and a bacon sandwich and they're right as rain.

Actually the only one in my whole cousins?aunts/uncles thing who's an alkie is a cousin. Although it could be that my family is addicted to brushing things under the carpet.

Anyhoo I'm sober. All that matters to my nearest and dearest.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello everybody (posh voice!!)how are we all today?back home now...bloody freezing it was..Yep Questy ice and frost alles uber the platz this morning....Just been fed..awaiting Downton with baited breath..Antiques roadshow...couple turned up with a shedful of postcards to get valued...a mere 40 grands worth!! pinks love the killers too.

Rabsy.....think thats part of the giving up mate.....get to a certain stage and think this is a dawdle..I can control my drink..why cant I drink..its not fair an all that crap...but for most of us one drink doesnt exist

Hello the McGintys.......yous ok?
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick;1405650 wrote: Hello everybody (posh voice!!)how are we all today?back home now...bloody freezing it was..Yep Questy ice and frost alles uber the platz this morning....Just been fed..awaiting Downton with baited breath..Antiques roadshow...couple turned up with a shedful of postcards to get valued...a mere 40 grands worth!! pinks love the killers too.

Rabsy.....think thats part of the giving up mate.....get to a certain stage and think this is a dawdle..I can control my drink..why cant I drink..its not fair an all that crap...but for most of us one doesnt exist

I was watching Obama on bbc 2 but now switched over to Anitques roadshow.

I agree with your comments re comments on "the dawdle"

Hi Army No alkies in my family until me and none since thank goodness:goodjob:

Comment

yo where are yiz all ?

Comment

Watching Downton!

Comment

Hey Satz,

I'm jist running in to say hi before keeling over to bed. Sorry, haven't had a chance to catch up on previous posts form this arvo.

Hi a'body else. Mick - thanks for the words. Still cogitating it all.

Cogitating... hahaha... that word always makes me thing of that masterchef man... whatisface... posh Boston dude.

Right gonna trip the light fantastic in lalaland... :bedtime: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

x-post hi anon.

sleepy sleepy

Comment

Another milestone done!
                      Family for Sunday dinner ..... usually once food all ready or even before the wine would be out !!
                      Enjoyed it today and no wish to drink . Well maybe a little when I saw the wine out tbh but would not give in to it ! A lot of comments on no drinking too !

Realised I HATE staying in on Sundays - spending one of my only 2 days off cooking annoys me no end.

Need to get out & about - Monday morning comes too soon if I stay in !

God I'm an awful moan bag today ?

Comment

RunningCourage;1405683 wrote: Hey Satz,

I'm jist running in to say hi before keeling over to bed. Sorry, haven't had a chance to catch up on previous posts form this arvo.

Hi a'body else. Mick - thanks for the words. Still cogitating it all.

Cogitating... hahaha... that word always makes me thing of that masterchef man... whatisface... posh Boston dude.

Right gonna trip the light fantastic in lalaland... :bedtime: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                        Jeez that mad party must have taken a lot out of RC last night :H:H
                        And he was slagging us for going to bed early

Comment

satz123;1405686 wrote: Jeez that mad party must have taken a lot out of RC last night :H:H
                          And he was slagging us for going to bed early
                          :H:H:H

Kazonk...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Night Mollers & RC - sleep tight !
                            Just text JimJohn to say won't be there in morn - leave 'till Tuesday !
                            The relief not to have to set alarm for 5.30 :yay:

Comment

Mick;1405650 wrote: Hello everybody (posh voice!!)how are we all today?back home now...bloody freezing it was..Yep Questy ice and frost alles uber the platz this morning....Just been fed..awaiting Downton with baited breath..Antiques roadshow...couple turned up with a shedful of postcards to get valued...a mere 40 grands worth!! pinks love the killers too.

Rabsy.....think thats part of the giving up mate.....get to a certain stage and think this is a dawdle..I can control my drink..why cant I drink..its not fair an all that crap...but for most of us one drink doesnt exist

Hi Mick. You prolly gone bye byes too !
                              LOVE Antiques Roadshow :h....... missed it tonight though :upset:

Comment

Ok talking to myself AGAIN ....... so off for a read of my book !!!:sulk:

Comment

Working...
                                X