Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do only wise people get addicted ?

Hi,
    New curiosity here,Is it just for me or you too ?? .Why do I see all/most of the addicted people in every corner of the societies who are equipped with outstanding skills,wisdom,creativities and much greater qualities than the normal ??

Do you agree ??
    Thanks for sharing .
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Not sure.,..good question..... Maybe we aren't wise at all...
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Too wise for our own good sometimes...thinking we can't get addicted. Sometimes very creative people have that "chatter" that some people here have talked about and drinking helps to calm that. Just a thought.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

i'm wise enough to know that anyone can be an addict.
        however, i do know that a lot of creative thinkers seem to find their way to substances...maybe boredom with the mundane everyday world...
        10-06-2012

Comment

Why do only wise people get addicted

dixon;1406257 wrote:
          Hi,
          New curiosity here,Is it just for me or you too ?? .Why do I see all/most of the addicted people in every corner of the societies who are equipped with outstanding skills,wisdom,creativity and much greater qualities than the normal ??

Do you agree ??
          Thanks for sharing .
          Dix
          Don't agree, Anybody from anywhere who abuses alcohol can get addicted,Maybe its only the famous ones who get the attention, while most alcohol abusers just get on with there lives as best they can, and for the most part no one really cares.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Not so sure I agree in fact dont,,,think alcoholism is classless....what I do think though..its easier to try and get help for whilst in work living in a cosy wee house, than it is with no work living in a cardboard box when escapism is your only reality
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Although it is said that those with greater intelligence are the harder to treat as they over think everything.
              At the end of the day ...... If you drink to much..........STOP IT! :H:H

Comment

LibraryGirl;1406306 wrote: Too wise for our own good sometimes...thinking we can't get addicted. Sometimes very creative people have that "chatter" that some people here have talked about and drinking helps to calm that. Just a thought.
                bettygirl;1406577 wrote:
                i'm wise enough to know that anyone can be an addict.
                however, i do know that a lot of creative thinkers seem to find their way to substances...maybe boredom with the mundane everyday world...
                Think I kinda agree with the ladies here :
                It is classless - but I do think - no matter what 'class' you are put into - it is those who do too much 'thinking' find it hard to conform, get bored with the mundane, that possibly get addicted.
                Those who seek approval - thus never coming up to standards of others - are also those who easily get addicted.
                My opinion only ! No data to back it up

Comment

Mick;1406616 wrote: Not so sure I agree in fact dont,,,think alcoholism is classless....what I do think though..its easier to try and get help for whilst in work living in a cosy wee house, than it is with no work living in a cardboard box when escapism is your only reality
                  I agree with this!

Alcoholism ~ Addiction knows no boundaries! I've met homeless people, Dr's, lawyers, housewives, priests, teachers, clerks, mechanics, nurses, principles, etc. I've seen all get well. In general Dixon Ive found most people who are alkies & addicts with above average intelligence, loving & humorous. So, I see why you asked.

The ones who are willing to be honest & surrender to the fact that they can't control their drinking ~ drugging have broken through that last hard layer of denial. This is where wisdom & self honesty have triumphed.

Yet, I think it can be much harder for those who don't have resources readily available to them. Along with the fact there can be underlying, undiagnosed mental, emotional & physical health problems to.

Comment

Wildflowers;1407698 wrote: I agree with this!

Alcoholism ~ Addiction knows no boundaries! I've met homeless people, Dr's, lawyers, housewives, priests, teachers, clerks, mechanics, nurses, principles, etc. I've seen all get well. In general Dixon Ive found most people who are alkies & addicts with above average intelligence, loving & humorous. So, I see why you asked.

The ones who are willing to be honest & surrender to the fact that they can't control their drinking ~ drugging have broken through that last hard layer of denial. This is where wisdom & self honesty have triumphed.

Yet, I think it can be much harder for those who don't have resources readily available to them. Along with the fact there can be underlying, undiagnosed mental, emotional & physical health problems to.
                    I agree with you all that there is no class /level for alcoholism in terms of well beings or living standard but I think and see the people either they are street guys or a high ranked they have higher degree of intelligence over the average people.May not apply to all but I think most of them are .....
                    Yes this is my question here !
                    Mario, do you agree with this ??
                    Dix
                    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

dixon;1408034 wrote: I agree with you all that there is no class /level for alcoholism in terms of well beings or living standard but I think and see the people either they are street guys or a high ranked they have higher degree of intelligence over the average people.May not apply to all but I think most of them are .....
                      Yes this is my question here !
                      Mario, do you agree with this ??
                      Dix
                      Dixon Let?s be honest here: how many of us when we were young participated in risky activities without bothering about whether it might do us harm or not ? Peer pressure, growing up in a household where one or both parents having a genetic tendency towards addiction orIf you were growing up in a home where alcohol are not viewed as anything out of the ordinary then it is logical that you will see drinking in the same way.
                      In certain parts of the world where drinking is accepted and encouraged as a pastime activity, the chances of an individual becoming addicted to alcohol were much higher than in the areas of the world where alcohol was not accepted and encouraged as much. Certain countries around the world that do not promote alcohol normally have much lower rates of alcoholism.Films, television and the media is another major factor.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                      X