DRINKING THINKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRINKING THINKING

As today is election day and I am very politically active-it occurred to me VERY briefly-"Hey I'll get some beer for tonight". NOT

As soon as it came up I actually laughed out loud at how preposterous such a plan would be.

Have a great day everyone

DRINKING THINKING

Not so preposterous to any of us Ann..... you know we will all look for any excuse..... The trick is to shoot it down immediately like you did and not let the shit start convincing of you of all the reasons you should partake.... It's a special occasion only happens once every 4 years..... my friend e-mailed me that drinking game to play full of words to listen for then drink upon... I want to celebrate my candidate's win... I want to drown my candidates loss.

Ok so there they all are all the reasons or AL brains will try and convince us tonight BUT NO! NOT ME! NOT THIS VOTER
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

DRINKING THINKING

Amen Sisters!!

I thought the EXACT same thing: Celebrate or Comisserate... Either way, I loose. :l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

DRINKING THINKING

AGREED

I agree-just another occasion to allow that voice to start harping. Shut up stupid drunk voice!

I prefer to be facing Wednesday with a clear head and not on the couch recovering from drinking.

Once you realize that the word celebration does not include drinking you are ahead of the game

Comment

DRINKING THINKING

I don't have the luxury of spending Wednesday on the couch nursing a hang over so I will Celebrate without
          And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

DRINKING THINKING

Good thinking Ann!!!... Way to tell that voice to take a hike!... I have to do it to! The voice doesn't have a preference on days of the week either!... :goodjob: :l

Comment

DRINKING THINKING

I totally understand Ann. I had thoughts of drinking Mon and Tues. because I was off from work...although that never bothered me before lol, but a day off from work was an opportunity to get really hammered. Ugh. Like V said, any excuse was enough in the past, now NO excuse is enough! Good job on tamping down the Drinking Thinking!

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

DRINKING THINKING

Way to go Ann!:goodjob:
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X