Army Thread Wednesday 7th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else bollix freezing brass monkeys balls an all that...
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Recluse;1407329 wrote: Well, I hope you enjoy yourself at the theatre. Will you be taking Mr A with you or is he still asleep on the sofa?
      He woke up but is back asleep again. Yes I am taking him as I am not insured to drive due to my fainting attacks. I should be OK when I go back to see the Consultant next month when all my tests are completed. Thank the Lord for the National Health, I have had so much care and attention:goodjob:

Comment

pingu1997;1407332 wrote: Is anyone else bollix freezing brass monkeys balls an all that...
        Pardon?

Comment

Cooollllddddd.....

Brrrrrrrrr
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Never heard of the phrase cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey?!?

Comment

Not cold here! Mind you I have the heating on. When I went to pick the kids up 1 mile each way it seemed quite mild about 14 degrees

Comment

pingu1997;1407332 wrote: Is anyone else bollix freezing brass monkeys balls an all that...
                yes.

and yes i have the heating on.

Comment

On the subject of insurance and driving, you have to tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency about any notifiable medical conditions for your insurance to be valid and apparently alcoholism is a notifiable condition and the DVLA will take your license away from you. I wonder how many alkies fess up to their condition?

Comment

Recluse;1407346 wrote: On the subject of insurance and driving, you have to tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency about any notifiable medical conditions for your insurance to be valid and apparently alcoholism is a notifiable condition and the DVLA will take your license away from you. I wonder how many alkies fess up to their condition?
                    Probably only if your Doctor knows? I think if I had an accident I would get found out even though The DVLA do not know I just promised the medics I would not drive.

Comment

anon;1407348 wrote: Probably only if your Doctor knows? I think if I had an accident I would get found out even though The DVLA do not know I just promised the medics I would not drive.
                      This is the relevant page on their website whizzy, and there's a link to a pdf form that you're supposed to fill in.

https://www.gov.uk/alcohol-problems-and-driving

Comment

Recluse;1407351 wrote: This is the relevant page on their website whizzy, and there's a link to a pdf form that you're supposed to fill in.

Oh I see! Defo not driving then:thanks:

Comment

Evening All,
                          Having a devil of a job with 'puter. Going to try and read back.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1407351 wrote: This is the relevant page on their website whizzy, and there's a link to a pdf form that you're supposed to fill in.

Ooh I'll have to ask me pet solicitor.
                            The only way I can see someone going to all that faff and carry on is if it was a brand new license or if you had to re-apply.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hellloooo!!!! Sitting here with all the windows open and a cardi me aunty knitted on... chilly by our standards... 21C. *runs and hides*

Me trip back home has been rescheduled YET ONCE MORE. The auld dear has now got a bee in her bonnet cos the rest of the fam are coming home for Christmas and I will almost be leaving as they are arriving. So now I'm not going for MY birthday, not going for HER birthday... I'm going for x-mas. Just as well I can go with the flow or ma heid would be scrambled. No more changes after this though... enough is enough!

I'm off to the Doc's on Friday... ugh. That knee injury from the treadmill is still not healed so I don't really have any option. Cats are off to the vets tomorrow, one to get micro chipped and one to get "eyeballed". Health Cares R Us. The credit card is starting to whine already. (

Comment

Yo Zennifer, so that's a defo on Chrimbo.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X