Army Thread Wednesday 7th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can here that card groaning from here.

It is unusually mild here. Cue for 300 programs about global warming over the next few days.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RunningCourage;1407127 wrote: Hey Zen,

Here's me re-posting last nights Q: Have been doing number crunching tonight. Have a flat in Aberdeen where the tenant wants to leave in new year, so deliberating whether i can sell it in the next couple of months... whats yer thoughts?! But not sure whether if i want to buy where i am as don't plan to be here for any length of time... maybe bests to get another tenant and either a) stick it our where I am (eugh, but cheap) or b) rent somewhere else... or

c) bet on the horses and pray...

Mick - you make a good point with it being Christmas...
      Here's wot I reckon. Mick's right, it's x-mas and the property market will be slow. Also, the property market is in the toilet just now and you're prolly not going to get a good price. And if you want to be on the safe side you don't want to sell and not buy something else because if you sell at a lower price and the market (by some miracle) swings up you will be shit outta luck. It's not likely that it'll happen any day soon but to be absolutely sure you'd want to be looking at making a sideways move into another property if and when you sell. So it might be best to wait until you know where you want to buy and keep your stake in the property market until then.

That's my two pee worth...

Comment

JackieClaire;1407374 wrote: Yo Zennifer, so that's a defo on Chrimbo.
        YES!!!!!!!! Gawd.... lol

Comment

JackieClaire;1407376 wrote: I can here that card groaning from here.

It is unusually mild here. Cue for 300 programs about global warming over the next few days.
          Shite, I'm dreading the Doc's... I have no health insurance so it'll be a stinger for sure.

Do you believe in global warming? I think it's just the weather doing it's cyclical thing...

Comment

Evening ladies

Are we all going to have a big meetup somewhere when zenners comes over?

Comment

Recluse;1407384 wrote: Evening ladies

Are we all going to have a big meetup somewhere when zenners comes over?
              Aye... yis are all off to the Outer Hebrides to freeze yer bollix off!!! :H

Mollers was all up for it till she Googled where I live! LMAO!

Comment

Lewis would be one heck of a drive from Oxfordshire. Take about 2 days, I reckon. Wouldn't fancy it at that time of year although I'd love to visit Lewis.

Comment

Reccy... I have a proper cat toys... and Hamish's favourite is a pipecleaner rolled around a pencil or pen and made into a "wee spring"... he's like a mad thing chasing around the house. Cost = $1.00 for 25 pipe cleaners. You should try them on Poppy...

Comment

Zenstyle;1407380 wrote: Shite, I'm dreading the Doc's... I have no health insurance so it'll be a stinger for sure.

Do you believe in global warming? I think it's just the weather doing it's cyclical thing...
                    Did ya see I had one of my huge 5 minute thinks there. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure.

Zenstyle;1407385 wrote:
                    Aye... yis are all off to the Outer Hebrides to freeze yer bollix off!!! :H

Mollers was all up for it till she Googled where I live! LMAO!
                    I said to Mr JC last night I wish you'd waited until May/June when there was a possibility we could afford it.You think I'd asked him if we could just organize a moon landing.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1407386 wrote: Lewis would be one heck of a drive from Oxfordshire. Take about 2 days, I reckon. Wouldn't fancy it at that time of year although I'd love to visit Lewis.
                      You'd probably have to stop overnight in Inverness or Ullapool if you were taking the car. You can fly via Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen and I'll have a hire car, but I guess that would get dead expensive... these internal flights are dear.

Comment

JackieClaire;1407389 wrote: Did ya see I had one of my huge 5 minute thinks there. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure.

I said to Mr JC last night I wish you'd waited until May/June when there was a possibility we could afford it.You think I'd asked him if we could just organize a moon landing.
                        :H:H:H Well... to a lot of people it seems as outlandish as going to the feckin moon! It's 50 miles off the coast of Scotland so it's a tad, err, remote! Jack my mate and his mate Dennis loved it when they were there though...

I could hear your wheels turning over here during your 5 minute think...

Comment

Zenstyle;1407388 wrote: Reccy... I have a proper cat toys... and Hamish's favourite is a pipecleaner rolled around a pencil or pen and made into a "wee spring"... he's like a mad thing chasing around the house. Cost = $1.00 for 25 pipe cleaners. You should try them on Poppy...
                          A little while back I bought poppy some little foam footballs meant for cats and she wasn't interested at all, but drop an elastic band on the floor and she gets reallyl excited about it and chases it all over the place and picks it up and attacks it.

Comment

Recluse;1407394 wrote: A little while back I bought poppy some little foam footballs meant for cats and she wasn't interested at all, but drop an elastic band on the floor and she gets reallyl excited about it and chases it all over the place and picks it up and attacks it.
                            Seamus used to play with elastic bands like that...

I have those foam footballs... none of mine could/can be arsed with them either. They love the cat nip toys (the ones you can fill with cat nip) and the feather on a stick. And Hamish likes the pipe cleaners best of all.

Comment

Good day: zen, jc, recluse, and others:

How is everyone this fine day?
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

G'day Ally! Tickety boo here... how's yourself? )

Comment

Working...
                                X