Army Thread Wednesday 7th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on who was going, logistically somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool or maybe even Glasgow would seem to make most sense. I imagine it would be possible for most folks to fly to those places, but there would obviously be the cost of accomodation to consider. Thoughts?

Edit: Hi alkie

Comment

Here's a pic of Hamish... taken 5 mins ago... just before him and the bath mat both slid off the desk... :new:

Comment

Recluse;1407404 wrote: Depending on who was going, logistically somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool or maybe even Glasgow would seem to make most sense. I imagine it would be possible for most folks to fly to those places, but there would obviously be the cost of accomodation to consider. Thoughts?
        I could maybe do Glasgow as that is where I fly through anyway. Anywhere else would just be too expensive... it's costing me appendages already. :upset: I'd have to see if I could work it in to have a stayover... I buy all my tickets, including the one to the island, as a bundle to keep the cost down. Even then it's :wow: when yer on my budget...

Comment

Recluse;1407404 wrote: Depending on who was going, logistically somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool or maybe even Glasgow would seem to make most sense. I imagine it would be possible for most folks to fly to those places, but there would obviously be the cost of accomodation to consider. Thoughts?

Edit: Hi alkie
          noooooooooooooo It's got to be Noocastle she says selfishly. It's cheaper for me to go to Dubbers than Liverpool.

Yooo hooo Ally. Happy Anniversary, hun.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenners my BIL works as a marine engineer on the Island ferries up in Scotland. 3 weeks on 3 weeks off . Not sure which Islands . If I was here it is possible some of us could have travelled with him in jeep up to northern Ireland & across. He does it all the time !

Comment

He's a beautiful cat zenny.

Comment

Ooooo yeah! I forgot!

Happy 14th Anni Ally!!!

Comment

satz123;1407410 wrote: Zenners mt BIL works as a marine engineer on the Island ferries up in Scotland. 3 weeks on 3 weeks off . Not sure which Islands . If I was here it is possible some of us could have travelled with him in jeep up to northern Ireland & across. He does it all the time !
                  Road Trip!!! I can see you, Mollers, Mario, Tabbers, Foxy and Oners sitting on top of each other in your BIL's Jeep! :H OMG... that would be a riot!

Comment

Recluse;1407411 wrote: He's a beautiful cat zenny.
                    Thank you! Did you read that he's not what he was supposed to be though. He was meant to be a Chartreux like Dougal and I went to the bother and expense of getting him flown in so that Dougie wouldn't be bullied by a more aggressive breed (Chartreux are awfully docile). Well... the wee skinny bugger turns up and I take one look and say "Russian Blue". MacGregor was a Russian Blue so I kaknowz that of which I speak. Anyhoo... long story short... the breeder hasn't given me the registration papers for him and if it's not reconciled in a week or so I'm going to get the roomie to send him a lawyer's letter. I reckon he doesn't want me to have the papers saying "Chartreux" as I would have cause to sue.

I love Hamish though, and him and Dougie get on just fine, so all is well. But I do NOT appreciate being taken for a sucker.

Anyhoo.... them's the breaks. He was meant to be mine, either way...

Comment

Awww...thanks, zen, recluse, jc!!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Zenstyle;1407418 wrote: Thank you! Did you read that he's not what he was supposed to be though. He was meant to be a Chartreux like Dougal and I went to the bother and expense of getting him flown in so that Dougie wouldn't be bullied by a more aggressive breed (Chartreux are awfully docile). Well... the wee skinny bugger turns up and I take one look and say "Russian Blue". MacGregor was a Russian Blue so I kaknowz that of which I speak. Anyhoo... long story short... the breeder hasn't given me the registration papers for him and if it's not reconciled in a week or so I'm going to get the roomie to send him a lawyer's letter. I reckon he doesn't want me to have the papers saying "Chartreux" as I would have cause to sue.

I love Hamish though, and him and Dougie get on just fine, so all is well. But I do NOT appreciate being taken for a sucker.

Anyhoo.... them's the breaks. He was meant to be mine, either way...
                        Yep, I do remember you mentioning that Hamish isn't the breed you thought he was supposed to be. That was naughty of the breeder.

I've just had a quick look at Easyjet flights from Heathrow to Glasgow and I might be able to get one for around 50 quid, which would be ok and I could leave my car at my brother's place.

Happy anniversary ally :goodjob:

Comment

All this pet talk is Way over my head....what's all this traveling around for? I'm confused...
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

I'll let Zennifer explain, Ally. I've got to go and feed. Gawd I sound like a vampire.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Alcoholic;1407428 wrote: All this pet talk is Way over my head....what's all this traveling around for? I'm confused...
                              Zenners is coming over from Florida to visit her mum in Lewis in the Outer Hebrides, ally. We're trying to see if we can arrange an army meetup to coincide with her visit.

Comment

Recluse: ahhhh.... Got it.... Who will watch the pets when traveling?
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X