Update on my sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on my sobriety

I know I haven't been around since I am busy with school. I thought I would let you know how I am doing on my sobriety journey. There have been a couple of times recently for me that I have thought about having a beer. But I said no, threatened to tell MWO and poof the thoughts of the beer goes away. I knew I would not enjoy it, and in the long run, I would have to restart my journey and I don't want another day 1. I am still sober and will be celebrating month 18 of being sober on the 21st and I am so grateful to not have the poison anymore. I even cut out the NA beer except for very special occasions and that is working out so well (it makes it easy that I only had NA beer every now and then). If your new or struggiling, just remember its not worth it to screw your quit/modding for one night of testing the waters.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Update on my sobriety

Drifty, I'm so glad to hear you are staying strong. You are so right to protect your quit with all you've got. I consider mine to be my most prized possession...without it, everything else crumbles. I don't want another Day 1 either....stay close and feel free to come over to the Newbie's Nest anytime, that's where I hang out most of the time. Hang in there, I'm right by your side!! XO, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Drifty!!! :yougo::yougo: It is so good to *see* you and hear that you continue to do well living the sober life. You are doing yourself such a HUGE favor getting this figured out while you are young! Wish I had been wise like you. But we all have a purpose...etc. etc.

Anyway...how is school going? Congrats on your almost 18 months of sobriety!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Your post does more than update your friends. It encourages those in earlier stages, lets them know that people are successful, but not without the occasional struggle. Thanks for caring enough to share.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Right on Drifty, you and I came on about the same time. Im with ya, I still have the occasional struggle, but it feels good to fight the beast and win.

Continued success my friend :goodjob:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1980515=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Thanks for that Drifty, tis good to hear all the stages ....... Gives one renewed enthusiasm

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Thanks everyone. School is doing good. Mainly A's and 1 B so far. I do have 1 D but that is a difficult course and the grade is coming up.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Good for you Drifty!!!!!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Thanks for checking back in, Drifty....I was wondering where you had gotten to!

It is great to see you succeeding in life!!!!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Well done drifty
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Drifty,
                      You are an inspiration!
                      xo

Comment

Update on my sobriety

Yes, I agree it's so great to hear from you & that your doing great in your sobriety & school!!!... It must be hard to keep up with everything while taking a full course & some rigorous classes too!!! Be proud of you & your grades Drifty!!!!

Hope to see ya back here on the 21st for your 18 month celebration party!.....

Comment

Working...
                        X