Determinator back from the abyss!!!! the story:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D & Mrs D, it sounds like you made the best decision of your life by going into rehab.

Lots of hugs from Australia
    DooDoo & Mr MooMoo (my other half)
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Be strong Determinator. Glad you did this.:l
      Enough is enough

Comment

Hi Derterminator and your dear wife of yours,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I take it as a good experience for myself. I have not reach that stage in my life. I have only been on a bottle of wine per night, which thanks to RJ's book and Topa have been able to reduce to one - two glasses of wine a night. But it's a good reminder what alcohol can do to one's life. My family is full of alcoholics, and it's so important for us to be HONEST to oneself.

I wish you best success, and do stick around. And mate, you're so right about alcohol affecting all walks of life. It's not about social status. I worked at with medical professionals, in education, and now with the government. Those sectors are LOADED! Alcohol is unfortunately one way people choose in order to deal with problems at work and at home ... and of course to relax
        Paddy
        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Oh welcome home, Mr and Mrs D!! Well done! It is good to see you back here, and thank you for telling us all about your experience. I will be looking forward to hearing more about how things go along for you as you both begin this new period in your lives....

Much love,

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Good on you both you really hung in there and made it through several really hard days. Lots of hard work ahead tho so just keep on truckin an lean on your friends here at MWO.
            Love you both
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Hello Mr and Mrs D,

I just wanted to echo what everyone else is saying...I've been in a simalar place and i know how hard it is mentally and physically..The stuff that goes through your mind when your in a place like that..
              What it does do is give you the platform..
              If i could give you a word of warning...A few months down the line you might feel like you have a real handle on things..Its a false sence of security..
              Anyway, enough of that...What you did takes real guts...And it sounds as though you have an amazing woman behind you...And that makes this battle so much more do-able..

best of luck mate...And well done
              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hi D and Dx

Glad you are back safe and sound. You are BOTH amazing!

Looking forward to more of these recipes - while you were away, I built a shed specially for all the garlic!

Take care

Satori

xxx
                "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Your story is just awe-inspiring. I wish you both every happiness and strength, and all the love in the world.

Kate

Comment

wow, such a wonderful supportive communitiy, I'm just humbled by the responses....and I appreciate the warnings too....I know it will be a long hard road ahead. D and DX thank you all again
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Bless you both, Mr. & Mrs. D. I echo what everyone else has already said. You did a brave and amazing job, best of luck on your journey. You know you have the support of us all.

Comment

D and DX,

You have made an amazing decision and accomplishment. An example to others that help is available and there when needed, we just need to take it.

One step at a time now my friends...

I wish continued strength and grace for your day to day goals...
                        Control the Mind

Comment

WOW, I just read what you two went through. Amazing and scary. You are both wonderful and so lucky to have each other. Many hugs for you both.
                          Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Working...
                          X